300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky situation

You perform a felony stop on a stolen vehicle. After a long pursuit the offender gets out of the vehicle and charges at you, going after your sidearm. Options, or no options?

As per my training you have not further options.......The violator is showing aggression towards you and is in my opinion planning on doing you harm. If he is going for your sidearm...This in my decision in the few seconds it is happening is grounds for deadly force........I had rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

If he's rushing at me but hasn't reached me, I'm going to attempt to disengage while drawing my weapon.

If he reaches me and goes for my gun, he just escalated this to a deadly force situation. If I was able to draw my sidearm and fire, I would. If he had his hand on it in the holster, I'd use my right arm to retain and draw my knife with my left hand. Then I'd make a pincushion of him.
      Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

Shoot The Son Of A Bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Comment

In my heart I knew the answer, but it feels so much better when I know my brothers think the same.

Comment

Front sight... PRESS
            I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by LAW12
              You perform a felony stop on a stolen vehicle. After a long pursuit the offender gets out of the vehicle and charges at you, going after your sidearm. Options, or no options?
              I have plenty of options. Was that your question?
              You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

First of all, it's a FELONY STOP. Second, it's a Stolen vehicle. Third, you just chased this guy some odd miles, before stopping. Fourth, he is charging at you. With all of this, I think that you can articulate that Obviosly this guy is up to no good. What are your options? O.C., Baton and then gun? I'd rather be tried by 12, then by six.

Comment

Anyone who attempts to grab your weapon......is going to be pushing up daisys.

No need for the drama of the felony stop on the stolen vehicle. They are attempting to disarm you FOR A REASON. That was a no brainer!
                  This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

If I was all by myself and someone got out of their car and wouldn't get back in, or started towards me and refused to stop, I usually hopped back in my unit, threw it in reverse and backed up about 30 feet, If they kept coming I just kept backing up until additional units arrived.

This gave me the continued protection of my unit while forcing them into a "no cover" area if they kept coming.
                    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

RIP bad guy.
                      What Delta said x2

Comment

Originally posted by KenW.
                        Front sight... PRESS
                        NEGATIVE....its, front sight...squeeze. Proper firearm technique is a must.

Comment

Weellllllll, I am woman and will be on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation of dead guy
                          Forever Remembered:
                          Tpr. Kevin M. Marshall
                          E.O.W. 7-7-03
                          Michigan State Police
                          Newaygo Post
                          "Our Rock"

Comment

NEGATIVE....its, front sight...squeeze.
                            Not for me or my office. On my range, the single-syllable command for discharging a shotgun is "Press!" If you want a load of 000 buck thrown at a target at close range, you "slap" the trigger. That's proper for a 12 gauge. It's not a sniper weapon after all.

If you yell "fire", on my range, someone calls for the big, red, trucks.

He'd never get close enough to go for my sidearm; even if I had to use my patrol car as a weapon of opportunity. It's a felony stop. Your sidearm should be a secondary weapon to your long-gun.
                            Last edited by KenW.; 05-28-2006, 02:55 PM.
                            I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

...........edit.............
                              Last edited by Frank Booth; 12-03-2006, 05:22 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8935 users online. 185 members and 8750 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X