300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Lights

I find this interesting. The chief of police doesn't seem to know if the Mayor broke any laws or not.

http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S15893.html?cat=1

Updated: 04/30/2006 03:18:40 PM

ST. PAUL -- The St. Paul Police Department is reviewing a car accident involving Mayor Chris Coleman.

Coleman momentarily activated the emergency lights of a city vehicle he was driving, after being hit by another car yesterday afternoon.

Usually, a police officer drives Coleman around in an unmarked police car, but Coleman was driving when the accident happened.

Coleman says he and his eleven-year-old son were on Interstate 94, heading back from Maplewood, when a car filled with young people spun out of its lane near downtown and clipped his city vehicle.

When the other car didn't immediately stop, Coleman flashed the emergency lights to pull it over.

Damage to the city's car was minor.

Police Chief John Harrington says he doesn't know whether it was legal for Coleman to use the emergency lights. As is routine anytime a police-owned vehicle is involved in a crash, the department will review the circumstances surrounding the accident.

LOL. Sounds as if someone is dodging the question.

Comment

Originally posted by GvegasDeputy
      LOL. Sounds as if someone is dodging the question.
      Ohh Yeah! Big time!

Comment

Well, Miss (insert reporter name here), that's a very good question, and I'll be happy to answer it. You see, ehhh...errr..Hey look, there's Elvis!! **Chief of Police runs out the door**.

Comment

haha the mayor made a traffic stop. I'd say city counsel will vote on this one and the highway patrol should have taken the crash report.
          -Stay safe

Comment

the mayor IS the CEO of the executive branch for a city, which is what the police fall under anyways... I don't see this as that big a deal, but then again... I've never seen this before. I wonder if he has sworn, law enforcement credentials, which I doubt... wow, my brain hurts. I'm going to go eat, anyone for Mcdonalds, I heard they're serving tasty, low-fat foods now... so how about them Tigers????? ehhhhh....
            Dont walk behind me, I may not lead. Dont walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me.

Comment

Originally posted by J_Mann
              haha the mayor made a traffic stop. I'd say city counsel will vote on this one and the highway patrol should have taken the crash report.
              The State Patrol did write the accident.

K9

Comment

Originally posted by Most_Wanted
                I wonder if he has sworn, law enforcement credentials, which I doubt...
                No he doesn't; but he does have a permanent squad number that he can use anytime over the air.

K9

Comment

Originally posted by GvegasDeputy
                  Sounds as if someone is dodging the question.
                  Exactly, and I am hoping that this wakes up the Mayor to realize the understaffed and shortage of cops in the city. Kind of ironic considering he just cut new hires in half from the budget.

K9

Comment

Originally posted by K9 Police
                    Exactly, and I am hoping that this wakes up the Mayor to realize the understaffed and shortage of cops in the city. Kind of ironic considering he just cut new hires in half from the budget.

K9
                    Charge him with impersonating a police officer.... then drop the charges if he will add the positions back into the budget.

Comment

A few years ago here the media made a big deal over city council cars all had lights and sirens, and were unmarked CVPI's. Well council said they might need them in an emergency but somebody didn't buy that and it all got taken out of the cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Most_Wanted
                        the mayor IS the CEO of the executive branch for a city, which is what the police fall under anyways... I don't see this as that big a deal, but then again... I've never seen this before. I wonder if he has sworn, law enforcement credentials, which I doubt... wow, my brain hurts. I'm going to go eat, anyone for Mcdonalds, I heard they're serving tasty, low-fat foods now... so how about them Tigers????? ehhhhh....
                        At my first department, the mayor drove a police package Dodge Diplomat with all the usual accoutrements-siren, red lights, radio, etc. As the Mayor, he was a civilian in charge of the police department; he did not have police powers. However, that did not keep him from stopping cars now and then.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5631 users online. 345 members and 5286 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X