300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In lieu of termination...

you are hereby ordered to drive the department beater.

http://www.copcar.com/month.htm

the mere possession of some of these should have been a crime.

You haven't seen anything yet.

This is a true story: Back in 1980 our sheriff bought us 4 four cylinder unmarked Chevettes. He had the local newspaper take pictures of them and explain how he was saving the city so much in fuel costs. (You gotta love politics. )

Three of us got 4 speeds because they were cheaper. One female deputy got an automatic because she couldn't drive a four speed.

When these vehicles were purchased they were only going to be used for civil process service. That didn't last long. We ended up transporting prisoners and mental patients in the front passenger seat beside us. None of them had any type of prisoner cage whatsoever.

Comment

No, no, no!

I will never forget the first car I was sent out in with the PD. It was a Caprice on it's last couple breaths. Every time you hit a bump, the windshield slid back and forth in the out of shape frame! Fortunately that was also the worst one I every had to drive. Lately we have had a 7 cylinder CV in our fleet too...

Comment

Worked for a department that had a 1978 Ford Fairmont as it's only cruiser. It was red with MARSHAL written on the side. Had a jetsonic lightbar with the siren in the center. Didn't stay at the PD long, thank God.
        "You provide the beer, I'll provide the chaser!"

Comment

When I first started, they would send you out in the Parking enforcement car if it was the only thing left running. When you were given that car and your assignment, you would just sigh, not say a word, and think, 'well it sure beats walking' and then try to hide for 8 hours.
          retired, NOT retarded

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2477 users online. 128 members and 2349 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X