Anyone know where it is?

I don't even know what it is.
    Kelly

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

I would guess somewhere in Florida? That saying has been on the show since the start of it, and I beleive the first show was filmed in Florida. That would be my guess....

Comment

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33189&...5,0.010815&t=h

cutler ridge fl
        Get low, get ground, get tactical! Sprawl! Sprawl! Sprawl!

Comment

Actually it's in Portland, OR. I know of the dispatcher who's on the tape. I think Portland was one of the next cities COPS filmed after Florida so I'm pretty sure it hasn't been there since the get go.

Comment

Originally posted by PDXCop
            Actually it's in Portland, OR. I know of the dispatcher who's on the tape. I think Portland was one of the next cities COPS filmed after Florida so I'm pretty sure it hasn't been there since the get go.
            It's not uncommon for TV programs to have several episodes "in the can" before they start to appear on the air. They could have gotten the sound clip from a Portland episode.
            Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

With that said, the next question will be about the "I've got him at gunpoint" statement.
              Beware the Fury of a Patient Man

Comment

I think we should ask "did they ever find Paul Stojanovich after he 'fell' off that cliff in Oregon"????
                I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by ironpig911
                  With that said, the next question will be about the "I've got him at gunpoint" statement.

All from the same incident.

Comment

I saw the episode where they said that. I could swear it was Des Moines, IA, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMetro
                      I would guess somewhere in Florida? That saying has been on the show since the start of it, and I beleive the first show was filmed in Florida. That would be my guess....

Definitely not, that would not be the radio codes used in Dade and/or Broward County.

"Cover" is not one of the radio codes we use down here, that sounds more like a California or West coast term.

Comment

Originally posted by e-man
                        I think we should ask "did they ever find Paul Stojanovich after he 'fell' off that cliff in Oregon"????
                        Actually they did!
                        http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in549382.shtml

Back on topic.

I often wondered this too, since it has been on for years. I thought back to Portland/Multnomah Co.

A googling of this produces a map of zip 33189 for 132nd ave and Bush Rd. .. which is is Dade county.. Also an early COPS city.

Anybody got anything else?
                        And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Comment

Originally posted by OffDuty
                          Actually they did!
                          http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in549382.shtml

Back on topic.

I often wondered this too, since it has been on for years. I thought back to Portland/Multnomah Co.

A googling of this produces a map of zip 33189 for 132nd ave and Bush Rd. .. which is is Dade county.. Also an early COPS city.

Anybody got anything else?
                          PDX says he knows the dispatcher, and I did a Mapquest check of 132nd and Bush and come up with a 13200 SE Bush in Portland, so I am gonna have to say Portland.

Who fell off a cliff?

Comment

OH, thats who....

(AP) Authorities say a body found on an Oregon beach has been identified Monday as that of reality TV pioneer Paul Stojanovich, a former producer of the long-running series "COPS."

The remains were discovered Sunday about a mile from where Stojanovich fell from a bluff on March 15. They were identified through dental records.

Stojanovich and his fiancee were hiking when he slipped while stopping to pose for a picture. He broke his fall part way down by clutching a tree limb, but then plummeted to the surf.

Stojanovich was an early producer of "COPS," which premiered in 1989, and aired its 500th episode last season. It has been nominated for four Emmy Awards.

The 47-year-old was a Sacramento native who moved to Portland in 1993.

He began his career in TV as a news cameraman for KRON-TV in San Francisco, developing skills he would use in producing the Emmy Award-winning documentary "Narco."

He also produced "American Detective" and "World's Scariest Police Chases."

Comment

Damm that sucks. He produced a good show, kinda a legacy show now.
                              Steve
                              Respect all ...... Fear none!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11267 users online. 445 members and 10822 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X