300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Officer Hood Surfing

You know what I think? I think people and their cameras need to mind their own business and stop worrying what the police are doing. SO the cop was getting a ride a few blocks to his car...who cares. Gee I hope the photographer has all valid paperwork in his car?!?!?!?!

He will probably get a slap on the wrist but in the day you need to be careful what you do.

Comment

I especially liked the part where that said that the guy was a "math wiz" and calculated the speed at about 27mph over the posted limit. I absolutley CANNOT STAND people that pull out a camera and think they know everything that's going on, just by catching a few seconds on film. ****es me off to no end. But, in this day and age, cameras are everywhere and we do have to watch our back a lot more. This guy can kiss my ***.
      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

This is the kind of crap that the media should turn their backs to. Cops will do thousands of good things in their career and no one will even take notice but god forbid if you are human for a minute and do something stupid or make a mistake it is blown out of proportion. I am not calling this good judgement but if sitting on a hood for two blocks is the worst thing this guy has done, good for him.
        "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't."

Comment

What a great picture ofthe grueling life a police officer the publisc is presented by this.

As pointed out in the story,
          "We don't let citizens ride on hoods, and we shouldn't do it. It would be considered conduct unbecoming an officer if a cruiser ran a stop sign or was racing down the street," 1st District Cmdr. Diane Grooms said. "It could result in a suspension if an officer was involved in horseplay. If not, a reprimand would be put in the officer's jacket documenting this inappropriate behavior."

Grooms also said the officer admitted he rode on the hood of the cruiser, and said it was done because he needed to be transported to his squad car about two blocks away.

Police told News4 that if a normal citizen in the nation's capital were to be seen on top of a car, an officer would be required to give him/her a ticket and cite the person behind the wheel for reckless driving.
          The officers involved brought a lot of embarssment to their department in particular and to their profession at general, and committed several acts that are misdemeanors and serious traffic infractions ...
          ... and I think suspensions without pay are in order.

("What's that you say? ... Well, I guess you're right, ... It's nothing to me.")

"That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

what sucks about this is that most cops i know wouldn't even ticket someone for doing that. i would just tell them to cut it out and send them on their way.

it is a bad idea to do it out in the open in the middle of the day in uniform on a marked police car though because **** like this can happen.
            -Sean

Comment

Maybe just a tad too harsh even for me T150.....

Comment

It was just my opinion...........

Originally posted by 21blue28
                Maybe just a tad too harsh even for me T150.....
                ................ but to drive through an intersection, past stop sign, down street at somewhat over the limit while an officer is sitting on the hood of a marked unit, laughing the whole way, while another unit follows, just to give him a ride to his car (and even if you doubt his figure of 27 over the limit, I doubt he was anywhere near the 25.) ... is pretty outlandish behaiviour in my view.

Maybe it's just "buisness as usuual" up there????

My opinion matters little in any case, but what was wrong with the car's seats? I just showed the story to my wife, just let her read it ... she's still laughing her a55 off.
                Last edited by t150vsuptpr; 01-19-2006, 06:41 PM. Reason: It was just my opinion...........
                "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

Isnt that the new way to get into a foot chase? This way you follow the perp and afer a few blocks he is tired and you jump off the hood and catch the guy. no one gets hurt..
                  I got nothing for now

Comment

If the guy was a true hood surfer, he would have been standing up, maybe even doing a handstand. Amateurs...
                    Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

Whatever happens to the officer, I think we can all agree that it was a pretty darn stupid thing to do. I mean, hood surfing in uniform? Everybody knows those polyester pants are WAY too slick to be hood surfing in. You could go sliding right off!
                      "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                      -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Hey T150...you must be a supervisor. Lighten up.

Comment

Originally posted by t150vsuptpr
                          ................ but to drive through an intersection, past stop sign, down street at somewhat over the limit while an officer is sitting on the hood of a marked unit, laughing the whole way, while another unit follows, just to give him a ride to his car (and even if you doubt his figure of 27 over the limit, I doubt he was anywhere near the 25.) ... is pretty outlandish behaiviour in my view.

Maybe it's just "buisness as usuual" up there????

My opinion matters little in any case, but what was wrong with the car's seats? I just showed the story to my wife, just let her read it ... she's still laughing her a55 off.
                          Did the officers admit to driving thru the stop sign? Cause as you all know- the public NEVER ever lies. And what formula did this "math whiz" use to calculate the speed of the car? it looks to me like the squad car is in a driveway or parking lot. I personally don't see a problem here. To the extreme both guys should get called on the carpet and given the what-for but nothing else. I also think to call this an embarrasment is a bit extreme.

Comment

You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

I'd imagine that the officer has a good sense of humor. Of all the reasons to get a few days off, this one is pretty easy to laugh off.

I agree that it's a shame the media apparently does not consider letting a story go, in order to preserve the diginity of the cops.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4528 users online. 268 members and 4260 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X