300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Ive heard it all, after today

Ok I have been at this job over 10 years now and have seen alot of uh different things and weird calls. But today I was given a call that went like this - Dispatch to unit 7... Caller reporting a tan Ford Explorer north on Route .. Caller is uh reporting a uh a uh A bumper sticker that reads something like-If its too loud, too bad. And the caller doesnt like that bumper sticker"
    ME " Does the caller want to speak or meet with me about this uh the offending bumper sticker?"
    Dispatch NO...
    Me- CLear the call dispatch. Back in service

WTF is wrong with some people out there??? A bumper sticker merits a 9-1-1 call Every day something else to rack up on the I cant stand some people meter...
    I got nothing for now

Originally posted by e-man
    Ok I have been at this job over 10 years now and have seen alot of uh different things and weird calls. But today I was given a call that went like this - Dispatch to unit 7... Caller reporting a tan Ford Explorer north on Route .. Caller is uh reporting a uh a uh A bumper sticker that reads something like-If its too loud, too bad. And the caller doesnt like that bumper sticker"
    ME " Does the caller want to speak or meet with me about this uh the offending bumper sticker?"
    Dispatch NO...

WTF is wrong with some people out there??? A bumper sticker merits a 9-1-1 call Every day something else to rack up on the I cant stand some people meter...
    I would have asked dispatch for a discription of the callers car. Stopped the caller and he/she would have had thier @$$ chewed for several minutes. Then I would tell the driver if they ever call 911 for a stupid call like that again they would get a ticket.

I have to go all 911 now because your avitar offends me e-man. LOL
    New Rule: The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the *******. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a "decaf grande? half-soy, half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one Sweet-n'-Low and one NutraSweet," ooh, you're a huge *******.

Comment

And I thought I was the weird one.

I am NOT a crazy one....hmmm....thankfully.
      Last edited by toni_tk; 10-04-2005, 08:09 PM.

Comment

"Dispatch" should have fielded that call and not even wasted their time, and MORE importantly, YOUR time, wasting breath over the radio... Some things (believe it or not citizens) are just not damn police-related nor require a police response...
        Charlie 31, HPPD

"Evil is a fact not to be explained away, but to be accepted; and accepted not to be endured, but to be conquered. It is a challenge neither to our reason nor to our patience, but to our courage."

Comment

I think we need to have courtesy cards to hand out that are good for one free bitchslap in those cases.

Thats a lot like my call last week of a REFUSED complainant who wanted me to stop by their neighbors house to speak to them about their two year old pooping in the yard. No anwser from the compl. on the callback. Apparently if its not a concern enough for me to speak to the compl, then there is no need to handle further.

And more importantly, who is screening these calls that they even bother entering that kind of dispatch into the system in the first place...........?
          And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Comment

Dispatch NO...
            In Memphis they would HAVE to dispatch the call, and we would HAVE to check the area for the vehicle, no questions asked.

I guess its a liability issue.

Comment

That beats my must attend skid mark complaint caused by a kid on a BMX. The com was a security guard and wanted me to arrest the kid for wilfully damage of the property.

Comment

Think I've heard it all

That's good, but they get better. Believe me.

Comment

How about a member of the public trying to open a MI2P (malicious damage to property) case against a motorist, who knocked down some of his plants, the motorist in questions car blew a tyre and flipped the car, causing it to roll through this gentleman
                  If you run, you'll only go to jail tired

Comment

Originally posted by OffDuty
                    I think we need to have courtesy cards to hand out that are good for one free bitchslap in those cases.
                    Lets go in together and create these for the LEO community! We could make a buncha $$$ Offduty!
                    Charlie 31, HPPD

"Evil is a fact not to be explained away, but to be accepted; and accepted not to be endured, but to be conquered. It is a challenge neither to our reason nor to our patience, but to our courage."

Comment

Caller is uh reporting a uh a uh A bumper sticker that reads something like-If its too loud, too bad.
                      The one like that I see most often is "If it's too loud, you're too old."

But I agree: anyone who would call 911 because they were offended by a bumper sticker like that is in desperate need of a hobby.
                      Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

We had someone call 911 to complain that it was raining too hard.
                        Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

I know most of you have probably heard about the "my hamburger wasn't made right" burger king call. Nothing much can beat that.

We had a 10-96 caller one day demanding that the tornado alarms be sounded because a tornado was coming. This was in January during a snowstorm. I ended up having to go over there and calm the guy down while he is yelling at me "Why arent they sounding the siren! We need to get into the basement now!!!"

Ahh yes. Fun stuff.
                          It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

edited for some reason
                            Last edited by e-man; 04-17-2008, 12:41 AM.
                            I got nothing for now

Comment

I like the new avitar e-man.
                              New Rule: The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the *******. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a "decaf grande? half-soy, half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one Sweet-n'-Low and one NutraSweet," ooh, you're a huge *******.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6281 users online. 348 members and 5933 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X