Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodie
    replied
    Families sue ME's, Hospital Sue ME's, Police Agencies sue ME's.
    Its a very private world and mouths are kept shut for good reason.

Leave a comment:

• pkagel
    replied
    Have you contacted OCSD since they have the Coroner w/ the Sheriff's?

Leave a comment:

• Omega4
    replied
    We're doing that too. Problem is we are geting the same kinda answers. A lot of looking at the ground, scuffing shoes and "Naw, there really ain't any problems" When I know dern well there are, the community is just a little close to keep everything a secret. I hear some rattles here and there, but nothing concrete. I gotta hear folks. I really do. I knw the problems I may or may not receive here are not going to be directly related to my agency, however, problems are problems and if we see a trend of problems, then we have something to work with. I already know one of the problems is that Investigators have a tendency to slough off tasks to patrolman they should not slough off. i.e., impounding property, evidence, etc.

Here is the drive behind this. The old days of the Coroner coming and picking up the body are soon over. To many Chiefs and Sheriff's are figuring out that "Coroner's Case" has more meaning then picking up the body. We're finding ourselves, impounding property, evidence, shutteling kids off to shelters, getting CPS, APS and LMNOPQ involved. Stuff the police/sheriffs departments were handling before. As dept's are loosing cash and manpower, more sutff is headed our way. Fortunatly in our area the high brass is seeing the light and we're growing in size and training. The only problem is that the new responsibilities are comng faster then the training. (As if we're surprised there) So I really do need your help.

Leave a comment:

• pkagel
    replied
    How about taking a drive and just doing an informal survey instead.

Leave a comment:

• Omega4
    replied
    Oh my that was original LoL!

Leave a comment:

• Bodie
    replied
    Only problem I see is the fact that people are just dying to get to the ME's office.

Leave a comment:

• Omega4
    started a topic Input about Coroner's / Med Examiner's

Input about Coroner's / Med Examiner's

I'm looking for problems associated with working with the Coroner/Medical Examiner. Especially working with Investigators rather then the Pathologists. Our agency sent out questionaires to our local agencies, but afraid the answers we got were politically correct rather then the honest truth. To top it off the questionairs went to detectives and none to patrol where 90% our interaction with surrounding agencies occurs. I need to hear the truth.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4875 users online. 261 members and 4614 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X