300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyless entry on an 04 Crown Vic

I just got assigned to an 04 crown vic, it has the key fob for the keyless entry and the alarm but if the car is running you can't lock the car or unlock it from the key fob. Is there any way to change that, all of our other cars you can lock and unlock even if the car is running.

Thanks in advance,

It's Ford design flaw and can't be changed. On GM cars you can lock doors and leave unit running and unlock with fob.
    Ford has worst keyless entry and easiest to program there is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
      It's Ford design flaw and can't be changed. On GM cars you can lock doors and leave unit running and unlock with fob.
      Ford has worst keyless entry and easiest to program there is.

Why is it only on some of the cars? We have some cars that will let you lock it when it is running.

Comment

Depends on year or ask Ford Dealer if there is a way to program it to work.

Comment

I have to take it in for service in a few hundred miles, I will ask the dealer then. I was hoping this would have some stupid routine that you had to go through like the seat belt reminder.

Comment

Is this a P71 (police package) Crown Victoria with a keyless entry?

Comment

Originally posted by cellison1460
              Why is it only on some of the cars? We have some cars that will let you lock it when it is running.

Check with the service guy at your Ford dealership. Is it factory keyless entry? on a CVPI no less?

The keyless on my personal car (03 Explorer) will let you lock it from the fob while running.
              In god we trust, the rest we run through NCIC

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6353 users online. 375 members and 5978 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X