300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd jobs

Hello out there. I was wondering if any of you guys and girls work 2nd jobs, what kind of jobs...etc. I have been thinking about looking around for something but am not real sure. I'm not from a big town or anything so I don't have tons of choices, but I would like a little guidence....thanks
    "We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered." - Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead

You may want to check with your department to see if you can work any secondary jobs? I work many of the schools when they have sporting games, etc. I stay away form any "security" gig. Too many risks involved there!
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

I dont know about your area but here you can make great money doing security if your department allows it.
      John D. MacDonald, "The early bird who catches the worm works for someone who comes in late and owns the worm farm."

Comment

I can work another job as long as my supervisor allows it and so long as whomever I work for has no contracts with my department. I cannot work ballgames and stuff like that as LEO because by policy my peace officer powers are limited to those folks on probation or parole (not to mention no presense of a uniform because we wear plain clothes). I thought about security...I worked some security jobs when I was in college...I don't know though. It's probably a bad idea considering stress and whatnot...but the wife and I are both civil servants and are and will always be, on the lower end of middle class because of it.
        "We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered." - Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead

Comment

I work Security at a Six Flags theme park in my area during the Summer months. Make fun of me all you want but I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I love that job. Doesn't pay the best but it sure is laid back and a lot of fun (most of the time).

Ok let the bashing begin. I can handle it. Here's a little something to get you started. I am BBL certified at Six Flags. BBL actually stands for "Bugs Bunny License" (I get to drive the neat looking security trucks with the cool flashing lights). Yaaay for me!
          It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Originally posted by KY PO
            I can work another job as long as my supervisor allows it and so long as whomever I work for has no contracts with my department. I cannot work ballgames and stuff like that as LEO because by policy my peace officer powers are limited to those folks on probation or parole (not to mention no presense of a uniform because we wear plain clothes). I thought about security...I worked some security jobs when I was in college...I don't know though. It's probably a bad idea considering stress and whatnot...but the wife and I are both civil servants and are and will always be, on the lower end of middle class because of it.
            Who says you would be working a ballgame as a LEO? Just being there puts people at ease. We do not wear uniforms and there is no way to identify us. The schools know we are there in case something happens. Although, if all you are is a Probation officer, it may be hard getting a security gig. Mosy plaes only look for LEO's...but if you do see something you should act upon it. but if you can not because of your job, why would you want to work security anyway if your powers only go so far?
            "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv
              Although, if all you are is a Probation officer
              I took that a bit out of context, but still...ouch.

Comment

A big thing with me is what could I do part time that wouldn't be degrading? I mean, if I worked security somewhere people understand that law enforcement work side jobs like that......other the other side of that, if I worked in some other field, say a clerk at Speedway or something, then it would be a bit ackward when Deputies, Local PD's, and god forbid the couple hundren felons that my office supervises come in to get some gas and a cup of coffee?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitMPD
                  I work Security at a Six Flags theme park in my area during the Summer months. Make fun of me all you want but I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I love that job. Doesn't pay the best but it sure is laid back and a lot of fun (most of the time).
                  I think that's pretty cool and would be fun! Hey, if you like it, who cares what others think! If I cared what others thought, I would have never became a cop in the first place.

K9

Comment

part time

We have pt out the wazoo. Bars, liquor stores, apt. complexes, football/soccer games, amusement parks, nightclubs, t/a's, ect...; you chose. It usually depends how much you want to make and what you're willing to put up with. Most nightclubs pay between $50-80/hr. and you work with 3 to 4 other officers, but you will definitely earn that money. Apt. complexes and t/a's pay between $25-35/hr. and all you have to do is ride around in your car as a presence. An officer on my squad just got a check from an apt. complex for a little over $2,100 (2 wks pay).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5894 users online. 351 members and 5543 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X