NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any VA Troopers on the air?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CBP1895
    This is unacceptable, and I'll tell you what, I hope I get the opportunity to show you the same courtesy up here in New Jersey.
    You can put Memphis, Tennessee on that list also. That would be the first time I ever cited a LEO, and I would load the ticket up, but I would be very proud to do it.

    Comment


    • Virginia State Police & NYPD & NJ

      Good afternoon. My name is Corinne Geller and I am the Public Relations Manager of the Virginia State Police. Because of the incredible escalation of misinformation concerning the recent contacts between NYPD, New Jersey, and the Virginia State Police, we felt it necessary to

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Corinne Geller
        Good afternoon. My name is Corinne Geller and I am the Public Relations Manager of the Virginia State Police.
        I bet you wish you weren't the Public Relations Manager this week.

        As I said earlier in this subject, the entire thing never should have appeared on the Internet. It's spreading like wildfire. And the media nationwide is picking it up off the Internet.

        It has now been blown out of proportion all over the nation. The local news in Albemarle County, Virginia just reported that northern feathers are ruffled (their words) because the New Jersey convoy was stopped for doing 100 mph.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Corinne Geller
          Good afternoon. My name is Corinne Geller and I am the Public Relations Manager of the Virginia State Police.

          Needless to day, it's most disappointing to see so many "brethren" police officers so quick to assume the worst about a fellow law enforcement agency without first checking the facts.
          Great. Tell the yahoos from your state that have already posted here what "brethren" means. What about the letter by Bud Cox, or whoever that was that made a statement claiming he was from VSP, does HE know what it means?

          There are too many stories, and a taped telephone conversation that clearly show that your guys have no idea how to treat their "brethren."

          VSP was wrong to stop the NJ convoy, wrong to stop the NYPD convoy, and wrong to write tickets to guys in marked units on prior occassions. You are not going to be able to smooth over this issue until a formal apology is made, and those practices stop.

          Comment


          • I am a Va State Trooper, and despite recent efforts I do not hang my head in shame. In fact I am quite proud, and here is why....
            -In my decade plus of serving Va I have had opportunity to work with many different agencies who have treated me like a champ.
            -I have had brothers from other jurisdictions stop to check on me and make sure i was ok.
            -I have been treated with respect and admiration by my community and my family for just doing my job.
            -What may be most significant right now is that in my decade plus years I have been promoting professional courtesy, and proud of it. I have never read "the riot act", i have never told another "how we do it in VA", i have never "put pen to paper", and i have never said "boy."
            -I also do not know a single trooper who has done what we have a fast growing reputation for. I am not disputing the fact that it has never happened, only that I do not know of anyone who has done it. This is my word, believe what you want.
            -for days I have been reading a bunch of "I hear," "I have a friend who said".
            The many of you who have been pulled by ME in Va, (In your personal cars) and treated proper should take a second to post. Maybe with half of the passion as the convoy posts.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by cleetus0219
              Great. Tell the yahoos from your state that have already posted here what "brethren" means. What about the letter by Bud Cox, or whoever that was that made a statement claiming he was from VSP, does HE know what it means?

              There are too many stories, and a taped telephone conversation that clearly show that your guys have no idea how to treat their "brethren."

              VSP was wrong to stop the NJ convoy, wrong to stop the NYPD convoy, and wrong to write tickets to guys in marked units on prior occassions. You are not going to be able to smooth over this issue until a formal apology is made, and those practices stop.
              I'm not sure what your talking about on the taped conversation, as in the only taped coversation I saw the NJ sheriff was the one not acting brotherly. Taking the stop out on the deputy who was answering calls for service was both wrong and unprofessional. I don't agree with stopping marked units unless it is absolutely necessary, but if there is no other means of communication (and it's obvious what kind of response would have been netted by calling), it had to be done. Unlike evidently you guys, most departments in the world are required to answer all calls for service and are accountable to the people we serve. There is NOTHING wrong with a friendly reminder from one brother to another that they are expected to follow the same rules when in their neighborhood. Was it so bad to be asked to slow down a little and not use lights when you are prohibited from doing so? I could see getting riled up if a big stink was made, but you guys were the only ones making a stink.

              Comment


              • [QUOTE=Corinne Geller]Good afternoon. My name is Corinne Geller and I am the Public Relations Manager of the Virginia State Police. Because of the incredible escalation of misinformation concerning the recent contacts between NYPD, New Jersey, and the Virginia State Police, we felt it necessary to
                Last edited by cst.sb; 09-29-2005, 03:03 PM.

                Comment


                • Thank you for posting. I was really disappointed to not have seen at least 1 VA Trooper say something like this. I hope your attitude is the MAJORITY and not the Minority as it appears !


                  Originally posted by cincocero
                  I am a Va State Trooper, and despite recent efforts I do not hang my head in shame. In fact I am quite proud, and here is why....
                  -In my decade plus of serving Va I have had opportunity to work with many different agencies who have treated me like a champ.
                  -I have had brothers from other jurisdictions stop to check on me and make sure i was ok.
                  -I have been treated with respect and admiration by my community and my family for just doing my job.
                  -What may be most significant right now is that in my decade plus years I have been promoting professional courtesy, and proud of it. I have never read "the riot act", i have never told another "how we do it in VA", i have never "put pen to paper", and i have never said "boy."
                  -I also do not know a single trooper who has done what we have a fast growing reputation for. I am not disputing the fact that it has never happened, only that I do not know of anyone who has done it. This is my word, believe what you want.
                  -for days I have been reading a bunch of "I hear," "I have a friend who said".
                  The many of you who have been pulled by ME in Va, (In your personal cars) and treated proper should take a second to post. Maybe with half of the passion as the convoy posts.
                  Last edited by ilkevinli; 09-29-2005, 04:36 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Corinne Geller
                    Needless to day, it's most disappointing to see so many "brethren" police officers so quick to assume the worst about a fellow law enforcement agency without first checking the facts.
                    Actually, I find it more disappointing that you are trying to justify their actions on here. The fact is that you're trying to jusitfy a right with a wrong in your reply here. What your agency did on the south bound side has nothing to do with what happened on the north bound side. But like any other politician, lawyer or what have you, you are trying divert peoples attention elsewhere.

                    You can sit there and try to justify this garbage all you want, but HISTORY speaks for itself, and trust me when I tell you this....your agency's history of taking action against out of state (and in state) LEO's on or off duty in marked or unmarked units is horrendous! AN embarrassment to the LEO community.

                    I speak with personal experience about this as I was recently cited by one of your 26 yr veterans for speeding (78/60) going down hill mind you on an empty state highway. I was as respectful as can be, always have been always will be, however, he didnt even blink an eye when I identified myself as a LEO from NJ.

                    Now, as for these incidents involving the convoy stops. Those of you who have either turned your head away from these incidents as a non issue OR think the VSP/Augusta Sheriff's Dept. was just 'doing' their job.....blah blah blah....what was the rush they were heading back home????

                    POSSIBLY, if you were down there you would know that some agency's sent their officers down there for a 14 day deployment working 12+ hr days, non stop, many if not all officers slept in tents during their deployment, and had baby wipes NOT showers for hygiene during their deployment.
                    Hmmmmmmmm do you THINK that maybe they earned a convoy to get home not only to their families but to get a good shower in too????

                    I swear to God some of you guys/gals are so stuck to the letter of the law (most of which is MISinterpreted by many of you) that you do not have the ability to function without someone or some book telling you what you should do in a specific situation. I read so much CRAP in these 6 pages it literally makes me shake my head in disbelief. Some of you have some crazy analogies comparing some hoople to a SWORN OFFICER, a crime vs a traffic violation, a citizen over a BROTHER agency.

                    Some of you can 'try' to twist this garbage around saying us northerners have some sort of problem with southerners, I call BS to that. If anything, its the other way around, Im a 15 yr veteran and have heard a lot of stories over the yrs of you good ole boys writing our local cops while on vacation down there. Even with that said, a lot of LEO's up here STILL give PC to southern cops, well, let me tell you something, these incidents over this recent disaster is the straw that broke the camels back in many officers minds up here in the northeast.

                    Ive said it before in another thread here, I will NEVER understand why a LEO ever feels the need to write another cop. If your ego is hurting so much where as you feel the need to flex your muscles by writing a cop then Ill be the first to say YOU got involved in law enforcement for all the wrong reasons. In short of a crime being committed, PC gives every one of us the ability to use COMMON SENSE.

                    I REALLY feel for those southern LEO's who share the same rational as many of us do who think these stops are BS because payback is a bitch.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by cleetus0219
                      VSP was wrong to stop the NJ convoy, wrong to stop the NYPD convoy, and wrong to write tickets to guys in marked units on prior occassions.

                      I will disagree strongly with you on the "prior occasions" remark. And I am speaking of several years ago when marked patrol cars enroute to Police Memorial Day in D.C. were stopped for excessive speed. There's no excuse for driving 90 and 100 mph to a social event. There is NO emergency. And civilians going to the same event can not drive 90 and 100 mph.

                      Now, the convoys............ also shouldn't be driving heavy trucks, buses and SUVs like in the image below at 90 and 100 mph. It's just not safe under any circumstances. Even if an emergency does exist. The SUVs aren't even pursuit rated by the manufacturers.



                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SHERIFF

                        Now, the convoys............ also shouldn't be driving heavy trucks, buses and SUVs like in the image below at 90 and 100 mph. It's just not safe under any circumstances. Even if an emergency does exist. The SUVs aren't even pursuit rated by the manufacturers.
                        Right, speed wasn't in question here, it was that they were driving in the left lane with the lead car's overheads on. This was already addressed.

                        And thank you to cincocero. I knew there were a few of you down there that still do the right thing.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by cst.sb
                          And what about jarobins trusted supervisor, which you claim never existed? Apparently this trusted supervisor has the whole incident on video.

                          I would suggest, if you are who you say you are, that you make sure your guys don't leak information. That way you won't have your own members telling conflicting stories and flushing your agencies credibility in the policing community. Oh, while I am ranting, annonomous applogistic letters are just a bit much as well.

                          Corinne, if you are looking to increase the feeling of brotherhood try starting with humility.
                          Corinne didn't tell a conflicting version, you must have missed this:
                          Originally posted by Corinne Geller
                          A Virginia State Police first sergeant stopped the lead vehicle ...
                          Maybe you'll read the posts thoroughly before implying either of us was lying.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by cleetus0219
                            Right, speed wasn't in question here, it was that they were driving in the left lane with the lead car's overheads on. This was already addressed.

                            Oh, I know. I was speaking moreso of the "report" in our local news media today in Albemarle County, Va. They somehow came up with the "fact" that the New Jersey convoy was traveling 100 mph. They too had no business sensationalizing this thing at all. But they are real good at it.

                            Comment


                            • I am a Senior Trooper with the VSP and I would like to say in my 15 years patrolling the highways of this great state, I have never hung paper on a fellow officer. I have encountered the entire spectrum with regards to attitude from fellow officers. Even with the most beligerent, hard headed, get a clue, fellow brother in blue, I have bit my tongue and bid him a safe journey without even a single thought of hanging paper on him. I can assure you, that 99.999% of us VSP Troopers hold this same true to heart sentiment. I instill this same philosophy in all my trainees. We have to look out for each other, no matter what uniform we wear or wherever we are from, we are a family spread out all over the country. We look out for each other, because when it all boils down to gravy, noone else will.

                              Lets put this to rest, if what is portrayed in this posting happened, then on behalf of the 99.999% of us, we are truly sorry. Please don't lump us all into the .001%. You can't judge an entire family if one of its members strays.
                              Last edited by jeff-vsp812; 09-29-2005, 10:08 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ilkevinli
                                Thank you for posting. I was really disappointed to not have seen at least 1 VA Trooper say something like this. I hope your attitude is the MAJORITY and not the Minority as it appears !
                                Sorry it took so long. ive been waiting 5 days for my access code.
                                you fella's have no idea how bad i been wanting to get on. If the intent of the news release was to make a va trooper loose sleep, it was a success! And not for nothin, but If one of our guys did do wrong you can believe me when i say there is an entire department waiting to straighten him out. I read one post that said NJ was going to avoid coming through VA at all costs. That stings, bad. I am not originally from this state, but it is my home now. I will defend it as best i can, and never leave if i have any choice. This is a great state, with great cops.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 2952 users online. 173 members and 2779 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X