X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • z28kilr
    Forum Newbe
    • Aug 2005

Advertising on Police Cars

I'm looking to find anyone who works for an agency that has the so-called "NASCAR" police cars. These first came into the news around 3 years ago where the agency leases a patrol car with advertising logos on the side. Just wanting information on how it has worked and any photos that you may have.
  • COBRA90GT
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2003

Article below is somewhat related. A local Ford dealership donated a Crown Vic (free) in exchange for advertising on the car:

Get the latest local Detroit and Michigan breaking news and analysis , sports and scores, photos, video and more from The Detroit News.
    Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

Forum Member
      • Sep 2005

Humm...............

That is actually a good idea......Tasteless yes.......but free overides taste anyday, especially where I work.

Comment

• DaveNT
        Forum Member
        • Sep 2005

I would have no issue with a small tastful ad with the name of the local Ford Dealer somewhere, but would hate to see 'follow me to McDonalds' plastered across the rear bumper.

Comment

• Bodie
          No Longer Active
          • Feb 2004

Ruled a conflict here a few years back by Attorney General. It's just a bit degarding too. A Crusier should not be a rolling billboard for any company.
          It's as if the agency endorses a product. Now if it's a Smitth & Wesson Ad I may rethink the issue a bit.

Comment

• depdog
            Forum Member
            • Jul 2003

The Yankees donated 3 or 4 cars to our agency a couple of years ago and it has a decal on it. I don't have a problem with it as long as it is regulated, to some degree. I would hate to see a dunkin doughnuts or krispy kreme decal on the side of my car. The way i look at it is if it cuts the cost of the car that means more money for other things ie. rifles, training, raises.

Comment

• Bodie
              No Longer Active
              • Feb 2004

I don't see an issue if a car is donated an a taseful "thanks" decal is applied
              Just don't make it a rolling billboard.

Comment

• crabbycancer
                Forum Member
                • Feb 2004

Editorialist on the concept:
                News, Sports, Obituaries, Classifieds, Events and more

Ohio's take on the matter:

The city of Springfield, Fla., will soon be getting 15 new squad cars equipped with the latest in computer databases, satellite tracking, and back-

Comment

• pkagel
                  SoCal Expatriate
                  • Jun 2004

I've seen in the Pacific division of LAPD a few Toyota trucks w/ a "donated by" decal on them. Seemed to be tastefully done.
                  "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

• SIGman1
                    Forum Member
                    • Jun 2004

Most of the departments in my are that have a DARE program with a designated car have it decked out in as many lights as they can cram in and a "stylish" paint job. The cars are often donated, and in those cases, the dealer's name is plastered all over the car.
                    Looks like someone took their stupid pills today.

Comment

• Photogrrlz
                      Queen of the Deuce
                      • Jun 2003

reminds me of robocop when the police were being run by corporate america
                      THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

• PTI
                        No Disgusting Fatbodies
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DaveNT
                        but would hate to see 'follow me to McDonalds' plastered across the rear bumper.
                        That would be too funny. If I had a choice I'd want to drive the Bud Light or Crown Royal car!!!
                        Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

• RabbitMPD
                          Victory is mine!!!!
                          • Oct 2004

My department has a tiny logo on the side of our cars for the company that installs all of our communication equipment. I think we get a large discount for it. It's pretty small and doesn't look bad but I don't like it.
                          It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

• SO535
                            Still a Stupid Rookie
                            • Dec 2004

Look on the bright side, at least our cars don't say "POLICIA" on the side yet.

Comment

• PTI
                              No Disgusting Fatbodies
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by SO535
                              Look on the bright side, at least our cars don't say "POLICIA" on the side yet.
                              Key word: YET!
                              Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12093 users online. 74 members and 12019 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...