300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Patrollin

Since my department doesnt have a specialized bike unit (anymore), the patrol I get to do is more of a PR type visibility than a true crime fighting tool, so all of my gear stays in the car.

Question for thoe of you here who ride is, what is on your bike, and what gear to you keep with you in the bag ( I wonder if I am leaving anything behind in the car!)

Usually I carry the ticketbook, some blue goo sanitizer, and water. Whats in YOUR bike gear?
    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

small/simple first aid kit
    extra med gloves
    pocket mask

Comment

I carry an extra set of handcuffs, rubber gloves, the ticket book and an extra flashlight. And don't forget about the water.

Comment

I'm looking to purchase a patrol bike, any sugestions? Any websites or t/a's that sell them specifically?

Comment

Fuji and Trek make patrol bikes. Maybe you can check out their web sites.

You might be able to get a local bike shop donate one. That's how we got ours back in 1992.

Sammy
          If I could keep one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I could ease one life the aching or cool one pain; or lift a fainting robin unto it's nest again, I shall not live in vain. Emily Dickinson
          www.samanthafund.com

Comment

The Trek PD bike is pretty decent. We have some older ones, and some SWEET new Jamis bikes that we got a closeout deal on this year.

I have my own Trek 4900 and find it to be a great moderate range/priced bike for general urban/street/trail riding. I dont know what model Trek PD bikes we have, but it doesnt seem that much different than what I have,

In other words, I suggest finding a good bike dealer (try Trek.com's locator) in your area, and talk to them. If you want one for on the job, then see what the differences are. the Jamis bikes we have are not "Police Packages".. for LE work, I dont think a bike really needs to be. You can always have a graphics shop make some "POLICE" decals for a few bucks...
            And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4071 users online. 255 members and 3816 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X