Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AzInv
    replied
    Sorry to hear about that SithHunt,,,My our brother rest in peace!

Leave a comment:

• Sith Hunter
    replied
    I can't preach enough about not letting the job stress you out. My buddy just died this morning. I am sure they will find out that it was stress related (he passed out beside his vehicle). He worked for the Washington DC Police Dept for several years and transfered over to the Maryland Park Police Dept-the Prince George's County Division. He had over 16 yrs of law enforcement experience. Stress has always been one of our top killers. Please everyone watch your health and do what ever it takes not to let the job stress you out.

Leave a comment:

• hemicop
    replied
    Thanks guys! so far my health's pretty good & as I said the job's still fun. Recently I've signed up for a variety of "cop classes' which keeps me off the street & away from the Lt. ,all on company time. . This can only add to my resume' & helps keep me motivatied. The only down side is I'm usually older than the other students & the teacher !

Leave a comment:

• marshaldan
    replied
    Originally posted by ftlaudcop
    every 4 yrs we have a election and we see who is connected to who,

usually the people fired are captains and above,

as one of the sheriff's had a law enacted that our county

was one of maybe 5 in fla where you don't work at the pleasure

of the sheriff, if that was his only good thing he did, other wise

he kinda ruined a kick butt, take name agency....

now we are the " mouse that roared '

www.schackdaddy.com

The Sheriff can refuse to swear you here.
    That ends that.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Originally posted by hemicop
    Besides would you REALLY want your Lt. to have the satisfaction of driving you out?
    well, no i wouldnt want to give him the satisfaction of thinking he ran me out. however, the permanent vacation would probably cause me to not care what he thought anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Sith Hunter
    replied
    Hemicop, I say stay as long as you don't let the situation stress you out. It just doesn't add up if your health is affected. With your experience the world is open to you.

Leave a comment:

• hemicop
    replied
    Bart you're probably right & my wife agrees with you. But as you know the job does have some outright funny moments that ALMOST make it worhwhile sticking around. That & the fact most guys on my shift are about 1/2 my age (I'm 50) makes all that much more interesting. Besides would you REALLY want your Lt. to have the satisfaction of driving you out?

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Originally posted by hemicop
    I've been with Phx. almost 27yrs., and your right this Lt. is just a general xxxxx.
    hell, if i had 27 yrs and in the same jam youre in, id take my pension and tell that LT to kiss my ***. you dont have to put up with that crap.

Leave a comment:

• hemicop
    replied
    Thanks much. Out here in the "wild west" the job presents problems I know my buddies back East rarely, if ever see. Between my Dept's weird policies & being out here I've been on evrything from loud chicken calls to U.F.O. calls . When I think back about it, it's kind of fun to think they actually pay you for some of this crap

Leave a comment:

• AzInv
    replied
    God Bless you Hemicop.27 yrs...and still a street copper and probaly still does the job well and probaly being ****@@ with by a Lt with six years on...I hear ya...But if you put your mind to it you can do anything, including making a Lt take an early retirement or transfer

Leave a comment:

• hemicop
    replied
    I've been with Phx. almost 27yrs., and your right this Lt. is just a general xxxxx. I've been his pet project for a very long time to the point where I'm now the precinct joke. Now someone might ask "Why even care,just retire!" ,but A) I don't feel like an old geezer cop B) I still enjoy the tactical side of this work & C) I don't want to give him the satisfaction. I'm trying a different approach now (thanks to this website) and hoping it'll work to get me the hell away from him. If you're thinking of getting on PHX. talk ALOT to other officers, there's alot of skeletons in this closet

Leave a comment:

• AzInv
    replied
    Hemi how many years do you have on the job?

Leave a comment:

• AzInv
    replied
    Cleetus sounds like me and you worked for the same PD back East

Leave a comment:

• cleetus0219
    replied
    At my other place, I was in the Capatain's office at least 1 time during every set of day tours, which was every 2 weeks. The 'problems' ranged from a few mispelled words, to my badge not being shined enough, to my 'cavalier attitude.' And don't get me wrong, I tried so hard not to make mistakes, that it just made the mistakes happen that much more easily.

I was a wreck. My guts were turning over every single time I had to go to work because I feared getting into trouble AGAIN for some stupid **** that I'd done. It's been 7 years since I've worked there, and I STILL get a queasy stomach every time I drive through that town.

I'm glad I got out of there. Now I'm able to take things for what they're worth. If I get in trouble for some horse**** reason, which happens every now and then, I just let it go. It's not worth my time or aggravation to even care anymore. As long as you don't do anything utterly stupid or dangerous, there isn't much to worry about.

Leave a comment:

• SammyCal1
    replied
    The ex-chief tried, but he was a moron and complete jask ***. He ended up making an *** of himself at the hearing.

The incident occured over me taking the police bicycle home with me, which I was allowed to do by the previous chief in order to take care of it. This new jack *** chief comes in and tries to ruin my career by charging me with using police property for my personal use. The problem was that he never told me that I was not allowed to take the bicycle home with me. I was exonerated without any problem and made about $500 in OT.

Now that I'm a supervisor and the IA guy, my officers need to REALLY screw up for me to formally take an action against them. The minor BS is handled without it getting into their jackets. The guys know this and they respect it so much that the minor BS is extremely rare. Nobody here comes to work worrying about whether or not they are going to get in trouble today.

Sammy
    Last edited by SammyCal1; 09-07-2005, 09:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5792 users online. 346 members and 5446 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X