300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detective Ratio

I had to do a follow up with a smaller agency in the West Phoenix Area and went to their CIB Divison. This Smaller jurisdiction is 65000 and growing..I expected at least 10-15 detectives...Believe it or not they have 4 detectives and two street crimes guys...I couldnt believe...I forget what they told me what their case load was, but it was high. A few AZ guys might know where this agency is. They have some pretty rough sections. Does anyone else have four detectives for 65000 people? I sure give those four guys alot of credit

We have a LT, two sergeants, and about 10-12 dicks in general investigations, then we have another LT, a sergeant, and four or five others in our narc unit. We have abiout 45k pop not counting the students when school is in. They b!tch about their case load, I couldn't imagine if we only had four and two working drugs.
    "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Our narc unit is combined with the county and university as well, so we have another five or so from the county and I think two from the university, plus a couple of ATF guys, and the odd trooper who help out form time to time.

We have a pretty busy area and loads of drugs. Our homicide rate is low, but I think that's just because most of our thuglets are punks and can't shoot or don't have the ba!!s to do it right. Our narc guys pretty much put their efforts into developing the conspiracies and bringing down the organizations. Most of their efforts go fed because it is a waste of time to go local here as no one gets time.

My estimate is that about 80 percent of the property crimes commited around here are drug related (users stealing to support habits, etc) and about 90 percent of the violent crime is drug related (robberies by users/low level dealers, mal woundings, etc by competing dealers or other people who have ****ed users/dealers off). This is discounting the domestic related crimes (a&b's and vandalisms by the babies' daddys and mommas).

Our investigators work. We have one community packed full of predators and another (university) packed full of clueless victims.
      "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5008 users online. 308 members and 4700 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X