This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garbage Man View Post
    I dont think that Officers wearing OMG attire are criminals and have never said that I do. I have three arguments,

one, its flatters the 1% to see us ape them. And yes it matters what they think, criminals win more often then we like to admit, why hand them the easy ego boost?

two, it muddys the waters in the already muddy enough minds of lawyers.

three, its unimaginative. Why can't we be unique? Do our own thing thats clearly different in appearance?
    Is anyone going to respond to my three issues? Or is it easier to say "We're not criminals no matter what you closed minded jerks say"? Lets see dressing like crooks then whining that people misjudge you, you guys are really suffering from a Peter Fonda complex...

NO ONE THINKS YOUR CROOKS! Got it?

We get it, your cops,

having fun aping crooks.
    Originally posted by FJDave
    GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
    "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

Is anyone going to respond to my three issues? Or is it easier to say "We're not criminals no matter what you closed minded jerks say"? Lets see dressing like crooks then whining that people misjudge you, you guys are really suffering from a Peter Fonda complex...
      Exactly which groups are you referring to? Is it just that you don't think cops should ride motorcycles, wear leather and grow a goatee on their weekend off or what?
      Road Captain
      Blue Knights TX XIX

Comment

Folks wouldn't be too impressed with my off duty garb either:

Ragged sweats, moth eaten t-shirts and gruyngie, smelly tennis shoes.

I look like a squeegie man.

Guess that confusses the lawyers, too! Sucks to be them.
        The All New
        BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
          Folks wouldn't be too impressed with my off duty garb either:

Ragged sweats, moth eaten t-shirts and gruyngie, smelly tennis shoes.

I look like a squeegie man.

Guess that confusses the lawyers, too! Sucks to be them.
          When squeegie men start dealing drugs and joining into organized violent gangs then Ill get on your *****
          GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Knights MC View Post
            Exactly which groups are you referring to? Is it just that you don't think cops should ride motorcycles, wear leather and grow a goatee on their weekend off or what?
            Any group that apes the OMG logo by having a patch in the center and a rocker above and below. I don't care about the whole "but its a Christian logo" nonsense. There of plenty of gangs that are using that as a cover for criminal activity, thinking we wont suspect them. One such gang was documented as shadowing the Mongols so they could carry their guns for them.

Once again, my central question remains unanswered. I have no problem at all with riding bikes or being in such a club. I myself would be very tempted to join the Blue Knights if they merely changed their logo. There are many cops who feel exactly as I do. The concept of riding the country side with brother officers at your side sounds like a good time, why not expand your membership by completely changing your appearance? The heavier Nylon style jackets are much better than the leather, design a completely different style logo and send me a membership application.

Or keep looking like an OMG and brood about how everyone is misjudging you.

District B13

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

Would we agree that police training is nowhere near as intense as Navy SEAL training? If you agree with that, do you see a problem with stealing their BUDS pin?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Booth View Post
                Would we agree that police training is nowhere near as intense as Navy SEAL training? If you agree with that, do you see a problem with stealing their BUDS pin?
                That went over my head

District B13

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

That went over my head
                  Garbage man, you may be wound a bit too tightly.

Relax and have fun, man. I do see your point, but jeez louis, none of this is for real, so who cares?
                  The All New
                  BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                  Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                  - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by Napstr View Post
                    SA13,

Please remind me, but what year was that when the Wild Pigs MC socialized with the HA and organized crime figures?
                    I never said they did, SammyCal1 said the NJSP had intel on them socializing with known OMG members, and said it was OK with him, so in my example I used the Wild Pigs and two known OMGs with a strong presence in the NE US. Don't like it too bad.
                    I noticed you picked one organization out of about 70. So I guess the other 70 law enforcement groups are okay then.
                    Nope, I think all the LE motorcycle clubs that want to wear 3 piece patches and M/C patches on their vest are trying to emulate known OC figures. It's more than just a bit weird, and as I pointed out it's the equivalent of cops wearing street gang colors.
                    You need to take two steps back and stop stereotyping or generalizing.
                    I don't need to do anything. The whole concept of the LE motorcycle clubs trying to emulate the rules and culture of the OMGs is fouled up to the extreme, and I reserve my right to hold that opinion, just as you're entitled to yours.

But hey I guess some people need to degrade themselves by "prospecting," pay dues, wear stupid gang colors, have their wives or girlfriends wear "property of" vests, and kiss up to criminals to get friends. I guess I'm lucky because I have been able to get loyal friends without ever doing anything even remotely like that.
                    Last edited by SA13; 10-13-2007, 10:31 PM.

Comment

That went over my head
                      It's about cops trying to co-opt the icons of groups that they have very little in common with, whether it's bikers who wear 3 piece patches or SEALS who wear pins that look strikingly similar to this one:

There's nothing wrong with being a "plain old policeman". You don't have to be a cop who thinks he's an outlaw biker, and you don't have to be a cop who thinks he's a SEAL. It's an insult to cops, outlaw bikers and SEALS.
                      Last edited by Frank Booth; 10-13-2007, 11:15 PM.

Comment

I myself would be very tempted to join the Blue Knights if they merely changed their logo.
                        Well since you so obviously know nothing about the Blue Knights, what the group stands for and what the group represents, I guess we will never have you among our ranks. You have a flawed perception of not only law enforcement motorcycle clubs but motorcycle clubs in general. I can't speak for any other club, but I know that the group of fine LEO's that I ride with do not emulate Hell's Angels, Bandidos, Mongols, Outlaws or anyone else for that matter. We cannot stand them nor do we associate with them.

Opinions are very much like *******s; everyone has one.
                        Road Captain
                        Blue Knights TX XIX

Comment

Well since you so obviously know nothing about the Blue Knights, what the group stands for and what the group represents, I guess we will never have you among our ranks. You have a flawed perception of not only law enforcement motorcycle clubs but motorcycle clubs in general. I can't speak for any other club, but I know that the group of fine LEO's that I ride with do not emulate Hell's Angels, Bandidos, Mongols, Outlaws or anyone else for that matter. We cannot stand them nor do we associate with them.

Opinions are very much like *******s; everyone has one.
                          So no answer that relates to my question huh? I guess thats all the answer I need.

As for what little I know about your club or whether I would be allowed to join (By the way that was an infantile and silly point) look at the picture above. That is all I need to know. Thanks for playing. We're done now.

1042 Trooper dude...I am wound just right. I can have an opinion that you disagree with without having any personality disorders what so ever, and you know what? vice versa.

If you really want to figure out who is wound tight from someones post look at those people who use personal attacks to make their point rather than just staying on topic.
                          Last edited by Garbage Man; 10-14-2007, 01:03 AM.

District B13

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

Garbage Man, if the main point you have against motorcycle clubs is a three part patch, then you are the one being infantile.
                            What do I see in the pictures?
                            I see Maryland four and the Hells Angels.
                            I do not see a similarity. I do not see where someone would see the patch that adorns the vest of a Blue Knight club member would make someone think that they were a criminal group.
                            You say we are done here, let's see if that is truly the case.
                            You may be the one playing here; sounds more like a troll job than anything else.
                            You are truly sad.
                            Road Captain
                            Blue Knights TX XIX

Comment

I do not see a similarity.
                              Oh boy you're being extremely obtuse if you deny the similarity. The HAs and the Bandidos predate the Blue Knights by about a decade (more than 2 decades for the HAs), and the 3 piece patch, and the distinct role of the 3 piece patch in the OMG culture also
                              predates the the Blue Knights by decades. However, knowing the 3 piece patch was a firmly entrenched symbol of the OMG culture, the Blue Knights and the other LE clubs decided to emulate the criminal symbols of the OMGs. I don't know much about the Blue Knights, however I do know other LE clubs have gone well past just the 3 piece patch symbols and have emulated other parts of the OMG culture, to include requiring "prospecting" (even if some use another name), and having the female associates wear "property of" items. These, and more, are parts of the OMG culture that all predate the existance of the LE clubs, yet the LE clubs choose to emulate the criminal organizations. I say again, it's fouled up to the extreme.

Comment

It is true that OMG's first began the use of a three piece patch. LEMC's using them sets us apart from them and takes power away from them, not emulating them. It is about as stupid as saying that because outlaw groups only allow the their members to ride American made motorcycles that they are somehow patriotic or that LEMC groups should only ride Japanese bikes.

As I said before, I can only speak for the Blue Knights, but there is no prospecting to join the BK's, women are not "property of" and to think so is ridiculous. We have actually not renewed memberships due to people not acting as professionals and engaging in dumb acts such as unsafe riding practices and hanging out in strip bars while wearing club colors.
                                I know plenty of "hardcore" biker types that are not members of any club, have a rough weathered exterior and look more intimidating than some of the actual Bandidos I have come in contact with. Many of these are some of the nicest people you will ever meet, are family type people and are active in local churches and community events.

Many outlaw types wear a 1% badge to let everyone know that they are the fringe, the ones that do not conform to law and order and who think they own the road. We wear a 99% badge. When asked why, people light up with appreciation when we explain it to them.

Something a few people here (any other places as well) fail to realize is that LEMC are not emulating outlaw groups. When you can take power away from them, that they never legitimately had in the first place, you are doing a service to other civilian riders everywhere.
                                Last edited by Blue Knights MC; 10-14-2007, 01:50 PM.
                                Road Captain
                                Blue Knights TX XIX

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5756 users online. 341 members and 5415 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X