Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, very sad to hear he passed away. I think I will continue to post, as I just did, not only in respect of him starting the post, but to shed light on the Law Enforcement Motorcycle Organizations and the positive work they do. Not to mention these law enforcement organizations are creating another team within our Brotherhood. Officers socialize and network with other agencies due to a common desire to ride. This is something they ALL have in common besides Golf.

Garbage Man,

The reason for Public Safety Clubs to ride and wear what they want is their business. If they're having fun and not breaking any laws, then so be it.

Who gives a hoot about what any HA says. They even state their a social club not a criminal organization...........yeah right! And if he, or they....HA, get a good stroke on their EGO because they think LE's are trying to be like them, then great if he gets on his tyrade! WE can all talk about it when we're transporting THEM to the JOINT!!!

The item that Gene was talking about, and correct me if I'm wrong Gene, is the State Confederation of Clubs. This organization Law Enforcement Motorcycle Organizations DO NOT BELONG TOO!

This is an organization with the dominent club..........usually an outlaw club is ..............dominent. Other clubs starting up usually approach this State organization and the Confederation does alot of dictating in regards to their intentions,colors etc when joining.

Law Enforcment M/C's do not belong to this organization. Most LE M/C's, and there are alot, ride with the 3 piece patch, not to express ownership of territory, but simply to state where they're from. Other reasons for the 3 piece patch............is because they can!
    Last edited by Napstr; 09-08-2007, 03:43 PM.
    "God Created Police Officers So Firefighters Would Have A Hero"

Comment

Duh I looked at the date and not the year. How did this thread pop back up anyway then?

Garbage Man,

The reason for Public Safety Clubs to ride and wear what they want is their business. If they're having fun and not breaking any laws, then so be it.

You know, I hate this line of thinking. "Its not illegal so its OK" If everything that was wrong was illegal there would never be enough cops to enforce it all. That doesnt make it right just because its legal.

Who gives a hoot about what any HA says. They even state their a social club not a criminal organization...........yeah right! And if he, or they....HA, get a good stroke on their EGO because they think LE's are trying to be like them, then great if he gets on his tyrade! WE can all talk about it when we're transporting THEM to the JOINT!!!

Did I say I took the guy to jail? I had to let him walk, why? because while what he was doing was wrong it wasnt illegal. We dont always win. The bad guy has to break the law for us to do something to him.

Other reasons for the 3 piece patch............is because they can!

Yeah they can also poor mustard over their heads and run down the street screaming "I'm the mustard man!' But they dont, why? because the OMG's dont do that. These cops are aping criminals because like so many in our society they confuse fame with infamy. Did you know that Charles Manson has hundreds of thousands of $$ on his prison books from all the people sending him money? As a society our value system is screwed.
      Are we really not bright enough to come up with our own uniform when riding in MC clubs? Why not invent something new?

there has to be a better reason then simply "because we can," or "its not illegal."
      Originally posted by FJDave
      GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
      "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

Well, I understand your point Garbage Man, but they really don't need to satisfy what we think is right.

The gear that is worn is no different than the lawyer, dentist, judge or politician who rides around at Sturgis.

Like I said, as long as no one is breaking any laws, it doesn't concern me from a professional point of view. If you punch in Law Enforcement Motorcycle Clubs............you find alot. Then punch in Firefighter Motorcycle Clubs..........and you'll find alot.

You may be talking from a personal point of view but I'm not sure what they're wearing that is the problem.............or how are they acting that is a problem
        Last edited by Napstr; 09-10-2007, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyCal1 View Post
          The NJ State Police deemed the Wild Pigs an outlaw mc gang a few years back because they were hanging out with other known outlaw gangs. I did not see anything wrong with them and I never heard of them commiting any illegal acts.
          WTFO? You don't see anything wrong with a group of cops socializing with known organized crime figures?

So if it's OK for the Wild Pigs to dress and act like an OMG, and socialize with the Hells Angels MC or Outlaws MC, would you be OK with a group of cops wearing red and hanging out with some Bloods, or wearing Blue and socializing with some Crips? How about a group of cops that get Woodpecker and/or swastika tattoos and hang out with the Aryan Brotherhood?

Comment

Count me out. Why would any LEO want to emulate an OMG anyway? Don't get me wrong. I'm no angel (no pun intended) and often ride with non-LEO's with bikes but try to stay away from known OMG members. I've run into a few at times. The encounters were mostly cordial but brief (the latter by mutual consent). Besides, I wear a uniform for work. Don't need another for play. If I want to ride with a group, there are plenty of folks who are not OMG affiliated available.
            sigpic
            Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
            And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

never mind.......

Comment

SA13,

Please remind me, but what year was that when the Wild Pigs MC socialized with the HA and organized crime figures?

I noticed you picked one organization out of about 70. So I guess the other 70 law enforcement groups are okay then. But the Wild Pigs are outlaws in a uniform. So how come they haven't been charged if their a criminal organization?

You need to take two steps back and stop stereotyping or generalizing.

That's like the public reacting to a Cop who does get charged with something, and they stereotype the entire organization.

Comment

Did Anyone See This?

Posted by QUOPPER in the memorial section:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72873

A dear friend of ours has passed....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is with my deepest sympathy, and an utter and complete broken heart, that I tell everyone that AZChopShopCop passed away yesterday.

It was not work related, he had complications from a surgery.

He served many years as law enforcement in Arizona, and was probably the best damn cop I ever met in my life. Not to mention he was the best man I ever met in my life.

Please say a prayer for his family and friends that are suffering....
                  AZChopShopCop started this thread.

RIP
                  Last edited by SgtCHP; 09-12-2007, 08:44 AM.
                  Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

I think it does affect our ability to do our job. I would like to see a world where common sense is allowed to prevail, even in the presence of lawyers. It annoys me that crooks get to wear clothes that say "I'm a crook," and we aren't allowed to give them a second glance. I am not psychic, I have to rely on visual clues when scanning the populace, looking for this people who might be in possession of contraband or about to commit a crime. How sad is it that I can't use the obvious visual clue of a guy writing his gang name on his jacket. And why cant I? Well I'll admit that the lawyers would have kittens any way but wouldn't it be nice if I could say in court that I could see that someone was a criminal cuz his jacket said so, without having some smart *** defense attorney showing me a photo of the Wild Pigs or Choir Boys or whatever and saying "You mean this jacket Officer?"

I know all about finding PC like some minor vehicle code violation and saying on the stand "HA? OH he was wearing an HA jacket? Well I never noticed. I was so preoccupied with that improperly mounted registration sticker." I can sling that bull as good as anyone on this site, but I truly hate it when this job forces me to lie. I like the idea of cops always being truthful; wouldn't it be nice if we could do that and still keep our jobs?
                    GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

So that's fine Garbage Man. As long as your consistant, then that's your personal opinion. My issue is when you start stereotyping a group of officers based solely on their attire.

If the person, and this stands for all person(s) is be judged on this alone, then that officer needs to find a new job. It may be one of the criteria, but alone.

If your familiar with outlaw gang attire, you'll know what to look for. And it is different than law enforcement. Leathers are a standard item when motorcycling. The vest, no matter if you agree or disagree, is something law enforcement members wear to indicate their a law enforcement motorcycle organization AND thier NOT 1%ers. The 99%er patch is usually displayed on their vest. Out of all the law enforcement officers I do meet, the ones riding with Law Enforcement Motorcycle Organizations are the ones who dislike 1%ers the most, as they have the most chance to come in contact with them and due to 1%ers claiming territory, this can be an issue.

I'm sure residing in the LA area you must see alot of law enforcement organizations. Take some time to get to know them, as theirs some right on your department, and open up your mind to this Brotherhood within the Brotherhood.

The Blue Knights have had a 3 piece patch for years and I believe they've broken the idea their a Outlaw Organization.

Be safe

Comment

I dont think that Officers wearing OMG attire are criminals and have never said that I do. I have three arguments,

one, its flatters the 1% to see us ape them. And yes it matters what they think, criminals win more often then we like to admit, why hand them the easy ego boost?

two, it muddys the waters in the already muddy enough minds of lawyers.

three, its unimaginative. Why can't we be unique? Do our own thing thats clearly different in appearance?

District B13

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

Untouchables MC...?
                          TheDesire
                          Desire. Dedication. Dicipline.

Comment

Garbage Man,

We just all need to keep an open mind. I've been in policing for years. I don't stereotype. If the law enforcement motorcycle organizations want to wear what they wear, then so be it. Myself being one of those 3 piece patch law enforcement persons, will continue to wear what I wear. IF you or other brother think I'm a bad cop or wanna be, then so be it.

Desire,

As far as the Untouchables, they are also a law enforcement organization who also wear a 3 piece patch.

Almost every law enforcement club I know, where's a 3 piece patch.
                            Last edited by Napstr; 09-17-2007, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Couple a ideas stated here that just are not correct. Motorcyclist do not dress like the outlaw mc's, the dress is actually been quite standard amongst bikers since the end of WWII. The leathers are for protection from road rash and things kicked up while riding and the vest were in play long before the outlaws became known as 1%r's. It was the AMA citing the media attention paid to an incident, that history has proven was hyped by the media (naw they'd never do that). The AMA stated that its wasnt all of motorcyclist who cause the problems, just 1% of the people who ride motorcycles.

Membership in one of the various Law Enforcement MCs is just that, membership. Some are known for partying but then again since when does having choir practice become illegal. As far as associating with outlaw mc's, The Iron Pigs MC as well as most others will revoke an officers membership for associating with them. Yes we may end up at the same functions (called rallys) but its not different than you going to a horse race while the Gambinos are there, dosent make you a Gambino family member. I do not know a single member of a LE MC that agrees with the criminal actions of the outlaw clubs, and infact are some of the best resources in investigating them.

Sure some members of LE MC have done stupid things and their punishment both by their agency and their clubs have been swift.

Oh on the three piece patch, the simple fact that the LE MCs wear them sets them apart from the outlaw clubs, because the outlaw clubs have "claimed" territory and banned anyone with a threat of death or serious bodily injury. The difference is that as law enforcement officers, we do not recognize outlaw clubs authority and stand up for what is legally and morally right.

You may not understand the biker life and thats ok, but calling me an outlaw or criminal just because I dress the way I do is funny and sad at the same time.

Oh just for your information, even though I am a member of a law enforcement motorcycle club, the only patch I wear is that of a Christian ministry...does that make me a sinner because I dress the way I do?

Ride safe and 1*,
                              Steve
                              Respect all ...... Fear none!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SammyCal1 View Post
                                The Blue Knights are pretty big here and a good bunch of guys to boot.
                                Yeah, I like 'em.
                                Road Captain
                                Blue Knights TX XIX

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5437 users online. 353 members and 5084 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X