300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkyCop418
    I am distgusted by this looting in NE (NEW ORLEANS). I also just heard that someone shot a cop in the head. What in the hell is wrong with there people?!! Totally insane!
    i find it funny how people are looting stores and taking TV's and microwaves. what the hell are they going to do with that crap? they have no electricity and no house to plug them into. theyre carrying that heavy crap down the street for nothing. LOL. how stupid can one be?
    "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
    William Shatner

Comment

Originally posted by Bart
      i find it funny how people are looting stores and taking TV's and microwaves. what the hell are they going to do with that crap? they have no electricity and no house to plug them into. theyre carrying that heavy crap down the street for nothing. LOL. how stupid can one be?

I bet the pawn shop up on 23rd street is still open, hurry honey grab another [/stupid criminal]

Comment

A number of things:

First, the guy on the front page - J.J. Jacob is guarding the walgreens pharmacy was in the academy with me. He's a great guy.

Second, the "cops" looting is not confirmed, security officers in new orleans wear a uniform that is very close to the NOPD uniform. I'm not saying that this story is not true, just not confirmed. There are a lot of turds on NOPD, I know, I worked there for 3 and a half years. I may be going down with the federal effort to help restore order with FEMA.
        This behaviour is pretty normal in new orleans. Criminals will take advantage of a situation to do what they want to.

This is the reason why crime is so bad in new orleans. Citizens need to start taking action to help the police. If you see a looter, then protect your property. This is already happening in a few areas of the city.

Comment

There are more than enough National Guard troops to fulfill the mission there along the Gulf Coast. This statement that the war in Iraq is causing problems with relief is a propaganda statement from some of the left wing extremists to take advantage of this bad situation. As for the looters, I don't have a problem with shooting any of them that are carrying out weapons, tv's etc. Now if someone if getting water and/or food, then I take a differant attitude. Killing someone for thief is not justified as punishment in a civilizied society but, shooting someone who is looting is justified to keep a society civilized!

Comment

I have to disagee that the deployment of the National Guard has not impacted the ability of state and local authorities to enforce martial law and provide disaster relief. I am not a liberal by any means, but there is no denying that having up to 50% of your state military forces deployed is impacting humanitarian and law and order operations.
            No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

have that sheriff.....deputize all the local rednecks, cajuns,
              and every abled bodied man that can carry a pump shot gun !!!

their is more justice coming outta that shotgun, than any courtroom..!
              " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
              " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Originally posted by ftlaudcop
                have that sheriff.....deputize all the local rednecks, cajuns,
                and every abled bodied man that can carry a pump shot gun !!!

their is more justice coming outta that shotgun, than any courtroom..!
                the rednecks are part of the problem. why the hell would you want to deputize them?
                "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
                William Shatner

Comment

I have seen a picture of one 'cop' (had the NOPD badge on his shirt and was flanked by a sgt) that had a handful of what looked to be DVD's still in their packaging in his hands.

Comment

If everybody will just hold on I'm sure that the firemen will come and save the day.
                    Job description as told by an old timer: "Drive fast cars, look at pretty women, and drink coffee".

Comment

Louisiana has no Martial Law

Martial law clarified

Tuesday, 9:02 p.m.

The state Attorney General's office on Tuesday sought to clarify reports in some media that "martial law' has been declared in parts of storm-ravaged southeast Louisiana, saying no such term exists in Louisiana law.

But even though no martial law exists, Gov. Kathleen Blanco's declaration of a state of emergency gives authorities widespread latitude to suspend civil liberties as they try to restore order and bring victims to safety. Under the Louisiana Homeland Security and Emergency Assistance and Disaster Act of 1993, the governor and, in some cases, chief parish officials, have the right to commandeer or utilize any private property if necessary to cope with the emergency.

Authorities may also suspend any statute related to the conduct of official business, or any rule issued by a state agency, if complying would "prevent, hinder or delay necessary action'' to mitigate the emergency.

It also gives authority the right to compel evacuations, suspend alcohol and weapons sales and make provisions for the availability and use of temporary emergency housing.

The law gives mayors similar authority, except they do not have the right to commandeer private property or make provisions for emergency housing, according to a background brief prepared by the state Attorney General's office.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4473 users online. 257 members and 4216 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X