300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RabbitMPD
    That is complete bull****. No offense to your department but if my department told me to be reactive I'd seriously consider finding a new place to work.
    We are a smaller dept, 10 positions short, and sent 4 to Mississippi. It is just for the time being while gas prices are so high. I would rather be reactive at this time then get a paycut.

Comment

On nightshift we have to turn our cars off for at least 15 minutes an hour between 0001hrs to 0600hrs. Since I'm such a company man I'm planning on turning my car off right after rollcall and then back on at sunrise
      "The glory goes to those that dance on land mines and live to die another day"

"Get on it Mel"

Comment

Originally posted by SoMDdep
        On nightshift we have to turn our cars off for at least 15 minutes an hour between 0001hrs to 0600hrs. Since I'm such a company man I'm planning on turning my car off right after rollcall and then back on at sunrise
        So nice to see we can keep our sense of humor. If I was still on nights I would be doing the same thing, but then again being visible on PM , they dont know if my car is on or off. Just can see my head 'bobbing'
        I got nothing for now

Comment

We just had a special order issued concerning conservation. Limiting the amount of cars on the road, idling, increased bicycle patrols, etc.
          The People's Republic of Massachusetts

Communications | Technology | Social Media
          Twitter Facebook

Comment

Would it help to answer your question if I told you that I am currently at work posting this.

I work in a smaller town usally 3-5 officers on shift. We were told to keep milage under 45mi. I usually drove 40-60 no problem being proactive. Now it is mainly reactive and bike officers are working more.

I think it is BS but coffe time last alot longer too.

ANB
            "I think one way the cops could make money would be to hold a murder weapons sale. Many people could really use good ice picks." Jack Handy

Comment

Hi from across the ocean....

Our fuel price is well expensive over here being
              Last edited by Kent PC; 09-12-2005, 06:16 PM.

Comment

I suspect if the public were made aware of some of these stupid ideas to save gas money and compromise public safety they would let your management know.

A few years ago we actually had a Lt. (remember you have to have your spine removed to promote to this rank) tell guys that they could not let their cars idle in 19 degree weather. Well it took them so long to get into their frozen cars I think that was order was stopped.

Remember it takes more gas to stop and start the engine that to just let it idle!

Only the dead have seen the end of war! PLATO

Comment

Oh Yeah.....
                  They also installed hour meters in our cars....
                  Our training, and OT bidget has been moved to our Gas budget...
                  You would think that when they wer making the budget last year they would have listened to EVERYONE who said the gas prices were projected to go up to $3.00.

ANB
                  "I think one way the cops could make money would be to hold a murder weapons sale. Many people could really use good ice picks." Jack Handy

Comment

It makes me mad to hear admin talking about how we have to save fuel like they pay for it themselves please. I would love the media to get hand of what is going on and let every one know that most PD are telling there officers not to work but to sit back and relax. I work in FL so at night its hot I do not want to sit in a turn off car with no AC. I cant wait untill one of those observant citizen start to complain of seeing two many patrol units parked and not moving. Then they will order us to drive more and preten it was our faults.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2843 users online. 190 members and 2653 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X