Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best way to verify police status?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northerner
    replied
    Hmm... so what about police officers from non-english-speaking foreign countries (such as myself)?

Sure, I'd be willing to send o.com a copy of my academy diploma or dept. ID... but unless there happens to be an admin/mod that understands German (and possibly a bunch of other languages) I have no idea how the LEO status of foreign members could be verified.

Northerner

Leave a comment:

• Bing_Oh
    replied
    Originally posted by SWATcop
    Here's an idea - they could sponsor a trip for all of us to Atlantic City. We'll all meet at the Taj Mahal for some drinks, also courtesy of o.com, where we'll proudly show them our IDs. Then it's off to see the sights before returning to the room that o.com pays for. All in favor - say aye
    Now THAT'S what I call verification!

Leave a comment:

• edg103
    replied
    Here's an idea - they could sponsor a trip for all of us to Atlantic City. We'll all meet at the Taj Mahal for some drinks, also courtesy of o.com, where we'll proudly show them our IDs. Then it's off to see the sights before returning to the room that o.com pays for. All in favor - say aye
    Oh hell yea!!! I mean.....aye!!

Leave a comment:

• BS_CJ
    replied

I like how this man thinks

Leave a comment:

• SWATcop
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BS_CJ
    replied
    Originally posted by DuPage286
    Photoshop would eat that alive.

yea but unless you are REALLY good at photoshop you can tell pretty easily what has been photoshopped

Leave a comment:

• DuPage286
    replied
    Originally posted by BS_CJ
    How about the mods send a six digit # to the person and they in turn take a picture of themselves in uniform holding a sign with the number written on it and some cool message about how O.com rules
    Photoshop would eat that alive.

Leave a comment:

• BS_CJ
    replied
    How about the mods send a six digit # to the person and they in turn take a picture of themselves in uniform holding a sign with the number written on it and some cool message about how O.com rules

Leave a comment:

• retdetsgt
    replied
    Originally posted by wannabeenytrp
    Sworn in at the begining of the academy around 8 months ago, on my FTO phase right now. Since I am still pretty much clueless about the job, I will hold onto the username for a while. They say you know the job after 5 yrs so maybe I will have this username until early 2010
    Congratulations. Glad you made it.

Leave a comment:

• PPDMO373
    replied
    Originally posted by SS396
    If you're retired who do you have them call? And honestly I am not comfortable with having a internet site call my former employer....
    I do it employment verification style....just like a bank or an insurance company might do. Just tell them I am trying to verify employment of employee XXXX XXXXXXXX and ask the dates that they were employed there and if they are eligible for re-hire.....
    It takes a while with some places.....others (like NYPD) have a employment verification section and that's all they do......

Leave a comment:

• SS396
    replied
    For active guys a phone call isn't a bad idea but not everyone wants whoever answers the phone to know they are a member of any forum, there's the big brother mentality and I don't blame them....

If you're retired who do you have them call? And honestly I am not comfortable with having a internet site call my former employer....

How about a pdf form... When you register, you print out the form have it notarized and mail it back, costs the person looking to be verified the money.... On the form you have a space for shield #, employee # and whatever other info necessary.... You have stated on the form, directed at the notary that they must verify the ID and info prior to signing....

Leave a comment:

• PPDMO373
    replied
    Originally posted by dla4079
    with a copy of their I.D. Card.
    Most (if not all) Federal Agencies ban their employees from copying copies of their Creds or IDs.

My girlfriend works for DoJ in a support position and she would be fired if she copied her creds and sent them out to someone and someone found out.

Leave a comment:

• dla4079
    replied
    Another way when someone submits and app to gain access, you send an e-mail back right? Then attach the form so they can print it out and then they can fax it back once it has been completed by their H.R. Dept.
    There are numerous ways to do it.

Leave a comment:

• dla4079
    replied
    Mail or Fax a Verification form to the prospective member to be filled out and signed by there H.R. Department and mail it or fax it back with a copy of their I.D. Card and once received by O.com then an e-mail will be sent to the prospective member with there password and clearance to enter into the forum.
    I have had to do that on numerous occassions when purchaseing items that are only sold to LEO's or Corrections. My H.R. Dept is pretty understanding when filling out a verification form for me, or anyone else on the unit.

Leave a comment:

• wannabeenytrp
    replied
    Originally posted by retdetsgt
    By the way, are you a cop yet? I see your handle is wannabe still....

Sworn in at the begining of the academy around 8 months ago, on my FTO phase right now. Since I am still pretty much clueless about the job, I will hold onto the username for a while. They say you know the job after 5 yrs so maybe I will have this username until early 2010

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4003 users online. 278 members and 3725 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X