Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things that **** me off while I'm working...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that **** me off while I'm working...

Feel free to add your thoughts...

1. Any idiot, usually accompanied by a group of friends, who see's me in uniform and immediately say..." I didn't do it..."

2. Vehicles that will not pull over to the right when you are running Code 3, yet you can't stop them due to the call your going to is more important than a traffic ticket.

3. The "you just stopped me becuase I'm...(insert skin color of your choice..)"

4. The cars with the loud exhaust pipes, usually on a POS Honda or other small cars..

5. Loud Music from vehicles... (my favorite ticket to write...)

Drunk idiots.
    Drunk idiots' drunk friends

Comment

I love all those things. As far as some idiot that won't go right I get tag and look at driver and deliver ticket to residence ..... makes their day and mine.

I would find something they had done when they said "I didn't do it"

All those minor aggravations make my day go faster because I turn will aggravate three people for evey one that aggravates me. Kind of my version of "Pay It Forward" ..................

Comment

[//////////
        Last edited by Harleydude; 01-12-2006, 08:08 AM.
        Just the facts ma`am, just the facts.

Comment

People getting out of jail, damn near before I can even get my paperwork done.
          you have the right to shut the hell up

Comment

1) While I'm just standing around watching things, someone stick their arms out to " arrest " them.

2) Trying to argue with me on a traffic stop, espicially if I was going to just verbally warn. Arguing turns a warning to a ticket in a heartbeat. I don't argue on the side of the road. Court is the place to take up anything other than " Gee, I'm sorry officer. "

3) Somebody asking me a stupid question while I am obviously trying to rush through eating. That is the main reason I don't eat out at work much anymore. How many times do you see officers interupt someone taking a bite out of their Whataburger with Cheese to ask them how to get somewhere

4) Parents telling their kids I'll take the kid to jail if they don't act right. Absolutely makes my blood boil. I have flat out told kids their parents are wrong to have said that.

5) People not pulling over when I have my red lights and siren on. Lets get on this planet people. I don't care what color the curb is when I have my overheads on. PULL OVER!!!!!!!!! I may actually be trying to go to a call and not pulling you over.

6) No Drivers License and No Insurance. I have to have both of them and pay through the teeth for insurance. I write those two everytime and jail arrest alot of folks for No DL/No Insurance, espicially if I'm having to work a crash.

7) People who say, I know the law. OK, you may think you know the law, but your opinion doesn't count. The only opionion that counts on the street is mine. This followed closely by...

8) Take him to jail, or don't take him to jail. Once again, my decision

9) People flicking cigarette butts out their car while I have them stopped

10) Drunks.
            RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

People in restaurants asking me for directions when Im trying to get a break.
              People endangering little kids.
              People with crying kids when their parent does something idiotic, causing me to stop them and for me to now be the bad guy in the eyes of the kid.
              People throwing litter when Im on my way to something more important.
              People calling and complaining Im running at high speed with no lights nor siren.
              People deliberately blocking me when I am running with lights and sirens: I hope one day the call is for them.
              People abandoning pets on the interstates.
              People slowly drivig through their green light, my red light with their middle finger up to me when I have lights and sirens on and am stopped at the red, trying to get through.
              DUI and no insurance/no DL: everyone goes to jail with me. No exceptions. These people are more than 70% of the insurance costs now.

Wow, everything here starts with "people"...thats sobering.

Yes, the one of the delights is writing the boom box cars...now its 25 feet in Florida for a sound violation. To them, I also speak real softly so they think they are going deaf. I also enjoy taking a long long long long time in writing a speeder if they say they are late for something.

Comment

Well I had to answer a few calls after I got through with lunch, which reminded me of a few " things that **** me off while I'm working....."

People who respond to what they do for a living with, " I draws a check. " Wow, am I ever in the wrong business. I should be so lucky that the government sends me a check for not working, drinking cheap booze, smoking crack, and fornicating. The real pimple on this head is one day I asked someone why they "draws a check". He told me because he couldn't get along with people.

43 year old alcoholics who live with their mother and " draws a check "

Dispatchers who don't know what they are doing. Get incomplete information, and then put wrong information down on a call sheet. What is really neat is when they verbally dispatch a call, then you look at MDT and call notes says something totally different.

Dust devils. There is nothing worse then standing outside and get hit by a thermal dust devil. This happened to me just a few minutes ago. A real day ruiner.

Just about any state regulatory agency. Always willing to tell you how to do your job, but when you need someone like Child or Adult Protective Services, get ready for a several hour wait.

The mental health system. A whole cruel joke onto itself. Pick up a mental and count on your shift being shot.

Loud pipes and smoking pipes. I sure ticket everytime. I always love the excuse," Well, I just bought these glass packs. "

That little feeling you get when you jump a call, and you know you shouldn't have jumped it because it had " deal " written all over it. Sure enough when you get to the call, it was a " deal ".

Dealing with the brass. Trying to get a straight answer out them is like dealing with a used car salesman. Smoke and mirrors come to mind.

Comment

People that are suddenly my new best friend because I have a badge.
                  Be alert...the world needs more lerts!

Comment

When people ask if they were justified in getting a citation, and they were doing 15+ over.

Or are scared that their love fling's wife is mad at them, a threatenmed to whoop their @$$.

Comment

The comments..."Do You Know Who I Am?? Do You Know Who My Dad Is? Do You Know Who My Husband Is? And I want your badge number cause I'm Gonna Have Your Job!!
                      Those that do evil to innocent people,The Robbers, Murderers, Rapists, Pimps, Prostitutes, The Simps, Sadists, Sinners, You will come to know me well, I am The Punisher.

Comment

Its been said but does anyone have a nice response to the "If you dont behave Johnny this nice policeman is going to arrest you " CRAP??? I FRICKIN HATE THAT. Maybe I should say "If you were a better parent you would realize why what u just said is asinine" LADY.
                        I love "I didnt do it" thing with the arms out in a bar or resaturant, I say "Are you sure?"
                        I got nothing for now

Comment

I always hate it when someone comes up and says "can I ask you a question" and it turns out they just want to complain about what another LEO did.

People who call us when they get robbed and upon further investigation it turns out they were out buying drugs and got mad because the drug dealer robbed them. I had one where she was asked if she was buying crack and she got upset and said No I am buying heroin. *shaking head*

Inmates complaining that they can't wait to get out and get high again.

People calling the police to say I just want you to know such and such did this to me, but I don't want to do anything about it.

The adminstration...........
                          THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

" Who? Me ? " Stupid questions. Yeah, you. Do you think I have a frog in my pocket?

" I was just minding my own business and ( insert sad tale )" Yeah, right. You were just hangin' minding your own business when all of a sudden that dope just popped up in your pocket.

Comment

Or this *insert article of clothing* isn't mine
                              THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6092 users online. 318 members and 5774 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X