300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I (RESPECT) All leo.

I Am in school now and finish B.L.E.T. IN NOV. i cant wait untill i am out there. Norwood NC. any advice for a rok?
    Last edited by R.B.K9NC; 08-21-2005, 10:15 AM.

Take the laws and the procedures you learned and keep it, take anything else and throw it out the window, alot of the practical exercises dont ever go the way your trained unless you had an instructor that said this is how the state says you should be trained this is what I have come across in my experiences. and for the cuffing techniques they teach you if he is gonna be non compliant then you will never get him to spread his feet, bend over slightly at the waist, place his hands on the small of his back thumbs up and palms out, be careful about that go with the first place that hires you do a little research cause the first place I went I couldnt stand it, and no matter what you know, dont come off arrogant as to what you did retain in training, other officers will veiw that as arrogant and cant tell him anything even if thats not the way you want to come across, some depts dont allow in service training till you get off your probationary and attain your general cert, but I would strongly urge you to attend as many in service training classes as you can, some of my top picks are gang identification intervention and investigation I and II, officer surivival I and II, calibre press has a street survival seminar that goes around the country I believe the next time its in NC is in dec in charlotte I plan on attending again, and even though its a really dry class just as in training but report writing and notetaking is an effective class, you as a rookie dont want a case that you really want to slam dunk to get plead out or tossed because your report could have been written better to the point where it was open and close with no room for negotiation. Good Luck its an exciting and wonderful career, just dont forget why you got into it.
    Last edited by Lawdogg; 08-21-2005, 11:18 PM.
    Those that do evil to innocent people,The Robbers, Murderers, Rapists, Pimps, Prostitutes, The Simps, Sadists, Sinners, You will come to know me well, I am The Punisher.

Comment

Piece of advice ........... use the capital I.

Comment

You missed one in your edit.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5362 users online. 291 members and 5071 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X