300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Form a Bomb Squad

Can anyone help me with info on how to form a new bomb unit? Our city and county are looking to put together a new unit to be funded by homeland security money. Where do we start?

Contact your local FBI office. They're the only outfit that will train civilian bomb techs. Even the NYPD uses them for training.

Comment

IF ITS TICKING GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE

Comment

I had a buddy in the Bomb Squad who wore a T-shirt that read "If you see me running, try to keep up".

Comment

Sounds like a job for the new guy....
          What we are dealing with here.......is a complete lack of respect for the law (Sheriff Buford T. Justice)

Comment

Worked with those guys in the Army. They told me their professional qualifications were that one can run 100 yds in .001 seconds.

Comment

I would start by trying to hook up with some military EOD guys who are looking to get out. Having at least one of them around is going to be valuable. Nothing beats real world experience. So far in Baghdad alone, we have had Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine EOD show up depending on where we we're at. Right now I run on Task Force Iron Claw, we look for the IED's and then call EOD when we find one. Needless to say in 8 1/2 months of looking for bombs, you work with EOD a lot.

In my opinion, the Army guys have the most experience, but the Navy guys are probably the best. No matter the service though, they are all highly trained. Although, one day after getting hit by an RPG, an Army EOD Master Sergeant got into our Buffalo(special IED detection vehicle) with a cut off pant leg that looked like a daisy duke. He climbed up the ladder with a bandage from some frag, and we went down and he took apart the aparatus. Consumate professional the whole time.

I don't know if any of this helps, but there will be plenty of EOD guys who are looking to get out of the military. It may be easier to train EOD to be a cop than train a cop to be EOD. Good luck with forming your unit, and watch for secondaries.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3449 users online. 219 members and 3230 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X