300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police fights

Does anyone have an idea or suggestions on where I can look to find information, on how long a police officer fight last before a subject is taken into custody, and he is actively resisting? This includes utilizing mace and impact weapons. Any assistance anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Avg altercation is over in 3 minutes
    Often it is over in seconds
    Police Officer do not fight. We arrest and overcome the resistance to arrest
    We defend ourselves & others and we restrain violant individuals but we never ever FIGHT.

Funny in over 20 plus years never PUNCHED anyone except a wall or two
    Oh Yeah once punch another officer got suspended then suspension was reversed but it was all worth it.
    Last edited by Bodie; 08-10-2005, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Nothing like some good knuckle busting.

Comment

I am aware that it is over quickly but does anyone know about any studies that have documentations?
        Last edited by shakey0311; 08-10-2005, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Try this link
          http://www.forcescience.org/
          Be alert...the world needs more lerts!

Comment

There may be a few PDs that attempt to document the length of time the fight goes on, but short of having a video or audio device taping the incident, I can't imagine how it could be done.

I find that most of my good fights seem like they last a lot longer than they actually do. Also, foot pursuits seem to go a long time, until we review the radio tape (which is date/time stamped), and then we find they were over pretty quick. I just had a good foot chase that I thought lasted FOREVER, but when I listened back to the radio tape, it was really over quick.

I have had one fight that seemed to go on forever and ever and ever- against a Girl. But, most haven't been that ugly and are over pretty quick.
            "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

My Dt Instructor Said Coppers Should Be Able To Have Enough Cardiovascular Ability To Last At Least 90 Seconds. I'm Assuming He Had Something To Back This Information Up. I Can't Remember Being Involved In Anthything Full Out That Lasted Longer. I Think It's A Good Number.

Comment

My first day of Academy our PT was called the one minutes of madness. We had to sprint the length of the basketball court and you meet two classmates holding pads. Their job was to knock you down and keep you down. Your job was keep them off of you by punching, kicking, dodging, or whatever. Trust me..after that minute was up you were spent. Put all the PT we did afterwards in perspective. In our entire class of doing that we only had one broken nose. It did get you ready for defending yourself when you are tired though.

Comment

It's always nice to think about this when I realize my average backup is 20-30 minutes away........... if I even have any.
                  sigpic

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

I know the feeling, ours is the next city, which is about 14 miles.
                    South Bloomfield Police Department
                    K9 Unit

American Working Dog Council

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3263 users online. 155 members and 3108 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X