• Show
Clear All

• Glad he's Not my Boss...

(Charleston, SC Chief of Police) Greenberg confronts motorist
    Report says chief hit woman's car with his fists

BY ANDRE BOWSER
    Of The Post and Courier Staff
    http://www.charleston.net/stories/?n...tion=localnews

A Charleston woman driving along S.C. Highway 61 early Sunday morning dialed 911 after noticing the pickup truck in front of her driving erratically.
    Turns out the driver that Katrina Small Epps was concerned about was Charleston Police Chief Reuben Greenberg, according to a Charleston County Sheriff's Office incident report.

Epps, 26, didn't want to talk Sunday night about the incident and neither Greenberg nor Mayor Joe Riley could be reached for comment.

According to the Charleston County Sheriff's Office, which filed the report as a "disturbance between motorists," this is what happened:

Epps called emergency dispatchers at about 1:20 a.m. after becoming concerned about a black-and-white, marked pick-up with a light bar because it ran off the shoulder once and crossed the center line several times near Middleton Plantation.

She followed the truck until it stopped in the middle of the road near the Church Creek bridge and flashed its blue lights. Out stepped Greenberg, who approached her car to ask if she had called 911, and if so, why.

After telling him she was scared, Greenberg told her not to call police and struck the driver's door with his fist.

She asked him not to hit her car and as he walked away, "he repeated not to call the police and struck the car two more ties with a closed fist."Then he drove off.

Epps told the deputy sheriff who caught up with her at her home that she felt "intimidated and scared by not only the entire incident, but specifically to the subject's actions on the scene."

The deputy noted in his report that he saw "knuckle prints" on the car door, but there did not appear to be any damage to the car.

"We didn't get a chance to discuss this with the chief," Charleston Sheriff's Capt. John Clark said Sunday, while noting that Epps did not want to file charges.

Clark said Epps told deputies that she called police because she was concerned that the driver might be physically ill, not because she came close to having an accident.

END ARTICLE

Edit:
    Today, Reuben was told by the mayor to take 2 weeks off with pay and seek a physical evaluation.
    He has had several public altercations with various people, recently with a News reporter on camera, who was struck in the chest.
    Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
    --------------------------------------------------
    Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
    Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Sounds like Reuben has finally gone completely off the deep end. I seem to remember he had a good reputation several years ago when he started, but I've heard some negative stuff the last few years.

His take-home is a truck??

Comment

Reuben takes home whatever he wants. He must have needed to carry some landscaping material around over the weekend, so he took the poor barricade drivers unit or from the boat patrol.

I've heard stories for years about his tantrums, but they have always been covered up.
      Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
      Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
      Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Comment

LOL...I thought I was the only one who had worked for / knew of a Police Dept. chief who stole stuff. Heck, at my old dept. felony burglary and theft by taking, by the "Command structure" was so common that the honest officers either left or just got so used to it that they barely noticed it anymore...Thank God I'm not there anymore
        War is'nt about who's right, it's about who's left.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4821 users online. 330 members and 4491 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X