300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vest/Body cooling off gear

Has anyone seen this? I searched first, but didnt see anything. I posted in the rookie area about

http://www.coolcop.com

But then google led me to this:

http://www.coolsport.net/index2.html

Anyone have any experience with either? The cool packs on the second page look pretty interesting.
    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

I could only imagine how good that would feel...

You're hot and sweaty, then shove that tube thingy down you shirt, presto! Cold air under your vest.

Too bad you would look ridiculous.

Comment

We took a face piece from a non rebreather O2 mask and cut the valve out, stuck a piece of 1" medical tubing into the hole and sealed with RTV. Put velcro on the top and bottom of the mask and above and below the air vents on the vic and presto, vest ac. Total cost was $6 for a tube of RTV and the other stuff was obtained from the squad. Worked like a charm.
      "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by JHoek
        I could only imagine how good that would feel...

You're hot and sweaty, then shove that tube thingy down you shirt, presto! Cold air under your vest.

Too bad you would look ridiculous.
        LOL.. theres the rub. My thought too.
        And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Comment

As a bike patrol officer in this Georgia heat, that looks pretty tempting. But $50 is too steep. Looks like something they should be selling off an infomercial at 3am for $19.99.
          You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

A friend of mine had one a few years ago. Down here in sunny Fl we need altenative meathods some times. I tried it for about 5 minutes it was wonderful. I would say its $50 bucks well spent if you work day shift in the heat.

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by Centurion44
              But $50 is too steep. Looks like something they should be selling off an infomercial at 3am for $19.99.
              AND if you order NOW, you will get an extra one for free PLUS the amazing Miracle Blade knife set.
              sigpic
              A L L G A V E S O M E,  B U T S O M E G A V E A L L

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9010 users online. 365 members and 8645 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
              X