Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a Streethawk on mine and it sounds like I'm mixing cement when it's turn it on. In my dept's defense (which is unheard for me),we're phasing them out and going with a new Federal bar which is pretty nice. As far as extra lights, I'm stuck with a double strobe on the dash because I'm to cheap to go w/LED's which are superior to strobe. All of the new guys went with LED's. I then also had installed the tail/reverse light flasher that has halogen deck lights wired in.
    "The glory goes to those that dance on land mines and live to die another day"

"Get on it Mel"

Comment

My department is in the process of getting rid of the Vector light bars. Historically, we have always used only blue lights. We have just purchased a BOATLOAD of new LED light systems......and they have RED lights in them As much as that offended my sensibilities when I first heard that, I have to admit that this is the best lighting system I have ever seen. I attached a 48 page FHP study explaining why we went with blue and red lights. 45 pages of the study will bore you to death, but the last couple pages have pictures of the new lights. It's an Adobe document so you'll need Adobe to read it.

http://www.theiacp.org/div_sec_com/C...evaluation.pdf

Let me know what you think.

Comment

If you think the streethawk is old, you need to see the two smith & wesson bars in the rafters of my garage!
        I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Yo smokey, I am an officer in N. Florida. I am down in west palm beach for a few days, and i was driving on I-95 tonite and saw the new lightbar. I guess the trooper was workin hireback. It was all blue (dark out, about 12:30am) and very impressive. I really wanted to pull over and ask him to turn on the reds too, but did not. It was a really intense and bright light bar.
          press hard-5 copies

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
            Only an idiot puts lights on PV
            Is there a day that goes by when you don't put down fellow officers...good grief.

Comment

Vt fuzz .... Only idiot fellow officers (Joke) Anybody who does install lights on his PV or takes cash out of his own pocket to add lights to a department owned vehicle needs talked to REAL bad.

Comment

The next county north of us here in Ohio is so rural, most officers have them in their POV, and end up having to take calls from home to assist other officers on 99's and such. I dont think they are idiots, they just want to be prepared i they get that call at home that an officer is in trouble, and there is no backup.
                South Bloomfield Police Department
                K9 Unit

American Working Dog Council

Comment

Originally posted by K9 Gunner
                  The next county north of us here in Ohio is so rural, most officers have them in their POV, and end up having to take calls from home to assist other officers on 99's and such. I dont think they are idiots, they just want to be prepared i they get that call at home that an officer is in trouble, and there is no backup.
                  Were in the same type of situation. Not being in a large agency, or state, we are called out to assist from home, frequently to the scene, that requires an emergency resonse. Almost every officer in the state has a permit and lights.

Comment

Vt fuzz .... Only idiot fellow officers (Joke) Anybody who does install lights on his PV or takes cash out of his own pocket to add lights to a department owned vehicle needs talked to REAL bad.
                    I got rid of the wheel covers on my 00 cv and put on center caps. The wheel covers made a lot of noise driving around and often fell off when making corners. We would have to write up a little report on where our covers where. I paid around 100 dollars for the caps and lug nuts, but wrote them off in taxes as police equipment. Our new cars have the center caps so I won't have to buy anymore. I will donate the old ones to the department when the car becomes a spare. I also liked the look of the center caps. I hope you don't think I am an idiot for buying center caps for my car. just a personal pref for me. I was thinking of adding a dash master for now, but we can't hardwire anything in. my light bar has four stobes, two in front and two in back and a white light that goes round and round in the middle. the new cars have the new patriot light bar, nice. I am waiting to get a new car. maybe in a few years.
                    Last edited by EMTPoPo; 08-09-2005, 07:33 PM.
                    Arguing with a Cop is like mud wrestling with a pig; eventually you will realize that the Pig likes it
                    -my Chief.

Comment

There is a generic center cap now available for the CV's. A set of 4 costs lessthen one oem at dealer.

Comment

There is a generic center cap now available for the CV's. A set of 4 costs lessthen one oem at dealer.
                        now you tell me. I won't need to buy anymore. The new cars come equipped already to go.
                        Arguing with a Cop is like mud wrestling with a pig; eventually you will realize that the Pig likes it
                        -my Chief.

Comment

holy sh*t, my whole department is a whole bunch of idots! That sux.
                          press hard-5 copies

Comment

We have the 14- Head LED X 2100 lightbar on top, Starburst LED Grill lights, Wig wags in the lights as well as side mounted strobes, strobes on the side view mirrors. Also have the standard 2 deck lights in back plus 2 more added on the deck. tail lights flash and back ups have strobes in them.

Comment

I was certainly happy to get the vector / vision off my roof. All that remains are: grill, visor, rear deck, corner strobes, flashing headlights, backup lights, & brakelights, and no wind noise anymore, just QUIET!!! Oh, and a vhf radio that nobody uses anymore.

My hubcaps on the 2000 CV are wired on...
                              I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

We were also lucky enough to have the light box set up so you can kill the front lights and have all rears on while backing up another officer. That has been the best thing i've seen yet!

Hmm as for radios and other stuff we have the Fed. Signal PA 300 that has the "Priority" tone I love it, clears intersections great! We also have standard radio and ground radio for driving across the taxi ways. "Scarey stuff"
                                Last edited by ; 08-12-2005, 12:55 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1990 users online. 140 members and 1850 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X