Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were the Chief/Sheriff/Boss what programs would you get rid of...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were the Chief/Sheriff/Boss what programs would you get rid of...

Here is my list of programs that, in my opinon, don't work. They might work for your department, but they are a waste of time here in Vegas.

1. DARE ( What a joke, this is where it starts, instead of the parents teaching this stuff it's the cops, next were raising their kids.)

2. Horse Patrol (Vegas only..) Wates of time, money and resources. The only good use is on New Years Eve, and that it. When it's over 100 degress out, I don't see them. Hmmmm, it's about 100 degrees here half the year. We spend close to ONE MILLION DOLLARS to keep those grass eaters going each year. Give me a break, kill those worthless animals and we'll save money feeding our K-9's for a while or have a life time supply of glue...for you bleeding heart liberals, we'll sell them to an agency who can get more use out of them if that sounds better.
    (on a side note, ever notice every softball playing female, you know.. is in the horse unit..?)

3. PAL (Police Athletic League) Cops playing games with the kids, right..get your uniform on and go chase the bad guys...Maybe some dept's have this for the off duty time, but we have a sgt and 2 officers doing this FULL Time.

I could go on, but I'll wait to see how bad I get flamed for what I have so far.. Let me know...

with my agency,,,,,the list is so long , the server for this forum

would break down......
    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

See forum below on "accreditation"
      Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

...edited...
        Last edited by jeeper; 08-09-2005, 06:29 PM.
        Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

The fat, lazy do-nothing detectives! The I don't stand behind the men brass, and all the desk-drivers! And oh yeah, the junk computer system reports are entered into! and the 800megahertz radio system that doesn't work and is gonna get a REAL officer hurt or killed!
          "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." John Wayne The Shootist

"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday, does not know what it is today"
          General Robert E. Lee, at Appomattox, Va

Comment

i would get rid of traffic/motors. writting tickets do nothing to deter bad drivers. those officers are better used to lighten the call load and allow everybody more time for proactive policing.

next, i would get rid of the mounted patrol. theyre only good for crowd control situation. however, the last time we used horsed for crowd control was a couple of years ago. every other time, we've been able to control crowds with shields and bats.

lastly, i would do away with school resource officers. the school district has their own police force. they dont need us walking their turf to do public relations. we have plenty of other areas where those same officers could make nice-nice with the natives.
            "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
            William Shatner

Comment

If I were the Sheriff I'd announce that all aspiring Deputies must take an entrance exam just like the cops. No more political appointments.
              Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Here's my list:

DARE-These officers come around every now an then. Dom't even know who half of them are.

Community Policing-I don't really agree with going out and kissing the publics behind. If you got a prblem in your neighborhood, we should go out and kick some rear and take names later. Our department is known for kissing the publics rear and always building partnerships. It sucks. It's the rerason why people disrespect us in the bad neighborhoods. They know we can't do anything about it.

I'll stope here because the list is very long! CP

My Unit

Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Depart
                Highway Interdiction & Traffic Safety Unit

Taylor's Sports Products

Comment

We have a big DARE program. I'm still trying to figure what they do all summer when school is out. I know I sure dont see them investigating cases or in the field doing police work. Any DARE officers out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Bart
                    next, i would get rid of the mounted patrol. theyre only good for crowd control situation. however, the last time we used horsed for crowd control was a couple of years ago. every other time, we've been able to control crowds with shields and bats.
                    Actually, there's nothing better for public relations than a police officer on a horse. In addition to the ability to cover an area about 10X the size of an officer on a walking beat, people that would never dream of talking to a police officer are drawn to one on a horse. Unfortunately, you can't accurately measure public relations, which leads to ignorant opinions such as this from the bean counters.
                    Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

I'll never forget LAPD's mounted charge in to the protesters at the Democratic National convention.

Comment

Any Command Staff member who wanted to be assigned to I.A.D. would automatically be disqualified from working there.

Any Command Staff officer who has never been investigated themselves would also be disqualified.

Comment

Id run my department the same way Frank Rizzo ran the Philly pd. Those were the days.
                          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by Delta784
                            Actually, there's nothing better for public relations than a police officer on a horse. In addition to the ability to cover an area about 10X the size of an officer on a walking beat, people that would never dream of talking to a police officer are drawn to one on a horse.
                            bikes do the same thing with the exception of the ride height. however, you dont have to feed and groom a bike. there's something about cops in shorts that draw the chicks.

Unfortunately, you can't accurately measure public relations, which leads to ignorant opinions such as this from the bean counters.
                            the same could be said for those dare programs that everybody complains about. its all a matter of what you like and what you dont like. ive never really taken a liking to kids or animals. both programs could blow away like a fart in the wind and i wouldnt cry.
                            "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
                            William Shatner

Comment

The only problem I see with DARE is that it does not need to be a sworn position. Make it a civilian support position. No need to spend the training and such for a sworn officer to spend all day teaching children. The same could be said for many other similar special duties.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4733 users online. 263 members and 4470 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X