300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juveniles

We have been having problems with juveniles for the past 2 months. Now we have always had a small problem with them them, but over the past 2-3 months we have had 4 incidents where officers were struck by the juvenile prior to or while affecting the arrest, I have talked with officers from surrounding agencies and they say that they are having the same problems also, I was just wondering if any other agencies, outside of ours is having the same problems?
    Honest Officer, I know I got it here somewhere.

Not so much a problem with juvenile violence, but we do have more juveniles dealing CDS and displaying a general lack of respect for the police. Most of these juveniles have parents that are the same way. The parents then come to the police station accusing us of busting their poor child's balls.

White trash just breeds more white trash.

Sammy
    If I could keep one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I could ease one life the aching or cool one pain; or lift a fainting robin unto it's nest again, I shall not live in vain. Emily Dickinson
    www.samanthafund.com

Comment

We had a somewhat similar situation last year in our city. Kids aged from 13-17 were fighting almost everyday in May of 2004. It was getting ridiculous, the same kids, all the time for about 2 months. One of the kids ran away for while, then ended up in the Juvenile Detention Center. That helped once he was gone. This kid was like 15 years old, and about 6'3" 190lbs. Kids over 18 would get him to rough up kids under 18. This ogre of a 15 year old thought he would resist one afternoon, and he paid dearly for it when 2 deputies landed right on top of him. Funny thing is, when I arrested him on the warrant from the county, he was cool with me. Then a couple of the kids put a kid in the hospital in an adjacent county. That ended the fighting, the kids kept under the radar after that.

And yes...they were also all white trash
      Last edited by USP45FAN; 08-06-2005, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Kiddie Kons...

Forgive me, I'm not a cop...
        I am a counselor at a juvenile detention center and let me tell you, they don't get any better after you guys drop them off!
        Stay safe,
        KC

Comment

In my jurisdiction they love to fight but also love to shoot each other as well as innocent people. Several high schools are just out of control. During the school year we are staffing with numerous officer. My vice crew was almost shut down & tossed in the schools till common sense prevaled. There have been numerous community meetings on the violence. What is sad is that most of the parents blame the police & take no responsibility for their lack of parenting.

My personal philosophy is that when someone resists with violence, juvenile of adult, you end the confrontatation swiftly & decisively. You take them straight to jail (unless they need to stop at the hospital.) They need to understand there are consequences.

Comment

welcome to my world. As a school officer I have been dealing with these little darlings for the last few years. I love the hours and weekends off, but the kids are getting worse every year. I arrest the same kids over and over and they just get right back out with another slap on the hand. Parents come up yelling at me that I violated their angels rights and that it is are fault their kid cracked open the head of another kid. I am trying like heck to save our future, but I think I am just dealing with tomorrows problem today. Just ask the Juvenile officer that deals with them after we drop them off. There is a new trend that the kids know they can get away with murder and be back in school the next day bragging to their friends. Seen a big increase in the gang activity as well. God help us all.
            Arguing with a Cop is like mud wrestling with a pig; eventually you will realize that the Pig likes it
            -my Chief.

Comment

I think this a huge problem in evey jurisdiction. I don't know where the blame should be placed, but it is surely an evolutionary thing. If you look at the parents and their parents, you see why the kids act the way they do. I beleive that when we allowed prayer, duty to our country and they ability for the school administration to discipline, to be removed from our schools this is when it all went bad. Another major problem is the juvenile code, or laws were, at least the majority, were written in a time when kids had respect for others and fear of authority. We need juvenile procedures to be updated to keep up with the times in which we live.

Comment

Here in "gorgeous" Prince George's juviniles are probably the biggest problem. Stolen cars, residentual b&e's, citizen robberies, pwid, homicide, and let's not forget gang's. You name it, I've arrested one for it. The juvinile court system will not take one into custody unless it's a felony against a person. By the time they graduate to shooting and robbing people, it's a little too late to try and "rehabilitate" them. We are already up to 106 homicide's this year (84 at the same time last year), robbery is up 125% from last year, 14,000 stolen cars last year.... I know that it's not all juviniles committing these crimes, but an adult just doesn't wake up one day and decide to shoot and carjack somebody.

Comment

No doubt juveniles are becoming a legitimate threat in the field here in Northern California. As a former On-Campus Probation Officer (teamed with an S.O. Deputy and a City Officer), we've run into some hairy situations with kids that have no respect for anyone in authority. We've gone 10-15 with many kids that thought nothing of it (where as your typical good hearted kid will drench his shirt in tears). I think that's the scary part of working with our seriously delinquent juveniles...they have less "criminal sense" than our hardened felons (on probation and parole). Many officers in our area (me included) will agree that they feel less threatened by our adult felons at times than they do our juveniles who tend react without thinking of the consequences. Our glamorized gang lifestyle doesn't help. 148's (resisting here in Calif.) and 242's (Battery on LE officer) are becoming bragging rights. Of course, just about every kid is a product of their dirtbag parents at home...sad stuff. Be safe!!

Comment

There was a juvenile who was in an alternative school assaulted the officer on campus and broke the bones around his eye (orbits) and put him in the hospital. This happened at the end of last school year. Today I found out that he was back on a regular campus, mainstreamed with other students. No wonder the kids are not afraid of police and law. They can get away with alot and never get in serious trouble.
                    Arguing with a Cop is like mud wrestling with a pig; eventually you will realize that the Pig likes it
                    -my Chief.

Comment

At the beginning of this year we had a gang related shooting that left one officer dead and another seriously injured and probably maimed for life. See my signature below. The gang bangers even had the audacity to try and hold a memorial service for their fellow member that was killed as well. Ceres PD didn't take to kindly to that. Now it seems that some of the parents in the area are trying to sue the PD because the PD went after some of the guys friends. These parents don't want to take responsibility for their minor childs actions when their minor child is in a gang. This needs to stop now.
                      www.ldscops.com

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres PD.
                      In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres PD.

http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=17539

Comment

We had a car chase two or three nights ago for armed robbery. The vehicle was occupied 3x. The chase lasted for about 25 minutes, through PG and DC. The vehicle finally wrecked. The driver was 11 years old and had a handgun (with holster). The oldest was 14, who was also armed. Not much shocks me anymore, but this did.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtb
                          We need juvenile procedures to be updated to keep up with the times in which we live.
                          Amen brother, I really think we need to make the adult age for prosecution more like 16. I hate it but these are the times we live in, most kids will never have a reason to change until they are 18.
                          Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3299 users online. 208 members and 3091 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X