300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilian riders

Have any of you ever had a civilian rider get injured while he/she was riding with you? The reason I ask is I have always wondered if the rider release they sign would really stand up in court if they got injured or killed. Anyone have any funny stories about riders. I know I have had a few that made the night very long.

My department had a civie rider get injured when the deputy driving drove into a 8 foot ditch, planted his car so that it looked like one of those caddies planted in the desert. Rear end totally pointing to the sky.

A local large city police dept had a rider about 15 years ago get shot in the back and the leg, but they had a policy that anyone riding civilian or not had to wear a vest. The officer he was riding with was shot in the stomach area, basically stopped functioning even though it was not a mortal wound. The rider started high tailing it out of there, about 60 yards away while he was climbing a wooden fence the bad guy shot him in the back with a .357, he fell down, got back up and started climbing the fence again, bad guy shot him again in the leg, but he made it over the fence and was 8 blocks away when the responding officers found him. Run Forest run!
    Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Comment

Here's a close call I posted in another ride-along thread.

Comment

In the FHP a ride along needs to pass the BGI and sign a waiver. They are usually on their way to joining the Auxiliary and are called "Observers". The A-Men are sworn and carry/do everything we do. I understand that position was created after a trooper and a rider were shot some years ago. The trooper was immobilized and the rider, defenseless.
        Now its different: they are trained, certified and sworn. They do it all if you let them as to them, its something they want to do and then after the shift, they get to go back to their regular jobs. Its nice having a well qualified #2 with you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4944 users online. 290 members and 4654 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X