300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FHP Captain Arrested

Got this from the O.com front page. It will be interesting as the details come out. FHP Captain Arrested
    In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

the " better than you " attitude they have, who would have thought
    that a guy with railroad trax would get put in the pokey...
    he better save his pension....quick...!!!.............
    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Felony bribery charges??? Now was it really that hard to come up with the money for tickets to disney world??
      Last edited by Lawdogg; 08-02-2005, 05:21 PM.
      Those that do evil to innocent people,The Robbers, Murderers, Rapists, Pimps, Prostitutes, The Simps, Sadists, Sinners, You will come to know me well, I am The Punisher.

Comment

Alleged sex talk, ticket-fixing sink FHP commander
        an ABC Action News report 08/02/05

HAINES CITY - A Florida Highway Patrol district commander is out of a job, accused of abusing his power.

Detailed in a five-page termination letter were allegations of misconduct and ticket fixing against Capt. Sterling King, a 22-year veteran of the Highway Patrol.

"There was enough evidence to actually charge Capt. King with official misconduct. And as a result of the findings, he has been terminated from the Florida Highway Patrol," stated FHP Maj. Ernesto Duarte.

The FHP says its internal investigation into King found inappropriate emails from his work computer to Alaina Renae Edgemon, a 24-year-old woman to whom he had given a speeding ticket back in May of 2004.

Under sworn testimony, Edgemon told investigators how King pulled her over on State Road 417 and then talked about a sex act he had with a woman at a nudist colony. She said she was "mortified" by the conversation, insisting that it came out of the blue and that she did nothing to encourage the behavior.

For the next 19 weeks, the pair sent emails back and forth. The majority of the two-dozen messages King allegedly sent talked about how he'd make her ticket disappear.

About a month after their original encounter, the investigation found King faxed a letter on department letterhead to a traffic clerk, which got Edgemon's speeding ticket dismissed.

King has been charged with misconduct and making false official statements, a third-degree felony punishable by up to five years in prison.

Action News tried to reach King for comment at his home Tuesday, but he wasn't there; his daughter said he was in Orlando, consulting with a lawyer.
        Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired
          Under sworn testimony, Edgemon told investigators how King pulled her over on State Road 417 and then talked about a sex act he had with a woman at a nudist colony. She said she was "mortified" by the conversation, insisting that it came out of the blue and that she did nothing to encourage the behavior.

For the next 19 weeks, the pair sent emails back and forth. The majority of the two-dozen messages King allegedly sent talked about how he'd make her ticket disappear.
          i don't know many females that would be "mortified" by a conversation, and then provide their email address and continue to stay in contact with an officer that wrote them their ticket.

Comment

Alright another Orlando HomeTown Hero!

Might explain the attitude a lot of FHP Troopers in Orlando exhibit. Its just the fecal chain of command, **** rolls down hill.

So does a ****ty attitude
            I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

"Why didn't you put that out on the radio?"
            "I don't know Sarge, I guess I got caught up in the moment"
            "The MOMENT is when we F--king need you!" - K-9 Sgt Myhre to unidentified Officer

In Valor there is Hope

Comment

Originally posted by TPO
              i don't know many females that would be "mortified" by a conversation, and then provide their email address and continue to stay in contact with an officer that wrote them their ticket.
              I thought exactly the same thing! I wonder if the sexual conversation came after the stop in the emails itself. It'll be interesting to see the results of this case.
              Still leading the team in PIMs, the fans are calling me a goon.
              --------------------
              This is Papa Bear. Put out an APB for a male suspect, driving a... car of some sort, heading in the direction of, uh, you know, that place that sells chili. Suspect is hatless. Repeat, hatless.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSix5
                I thought exactly the same thing! I wonder if the sexual conversation came after the stop in the emails itself. It'll be interesting to see the results of this case.
                Great minds think alike.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Why was an FHP Captain stopping cars to begin with? I can count on one hand the number of times one of our Captains has made a car stop.
                  Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Originally posted by Delta784
                    Why was an FHP Captain stopping cars to begin with? I can count on one hand the number of times one of our Captains has made a car stop.

FHP.... everyone stops cars. I have seen Majors out on traffic stops.

Comment

Originally posted by sflcop
                      FHP.... everyone stops cars. I have seen Majors out on traffic stops.
                      They actually go out on patrol??

Comment

They sure do. FHP is a different breed. It is all about the citations. I have met a few cool troopers, but I can count them on one hand.

Seems more of the story is coming out.... and this guy was the PIO, that amazes me... people are willing to throw away their entire career over something so stupid.

MORE DETAILS FROM FHP CAPTAIN SEX SCANDAL ARREST

Comment

Originally posted by sflcop
                          They sure do. FHP is a different breed. It is all about the citations. I have met a few cool troopers, but I can count them on one hand.

Seems more of the story is coming out.... and this guy was the PIO, that amazes me... people are willing to throw away their entire career over something so stupid.

MORE DETAILS FROM FHP CAPTAIN SEX SCANDAL ARREST

You guys can turn anything into an "I hate FHP" thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Florida Smokey
                            You guys can turn anything into an "I hate FHP" thread.
                            I don't hate the FHP, I just didn't know their senior supervisors actually went out on patrol.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta784
                              I just didn't know their senior supervisors actually went out on patrol.

They do. Obviously they don't get to work the road as much as a Trooper, but they try. My LT. is really good about that. He's been known to cancel a rookie from a late call when it was pouring down rain. In my district, all of the supervisors are really good about that. It's hard for the troops to complain if the Sgt's and LT's are in the trenches with them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5594 users online. 303 members and 5291 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X