300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop Kills Cop killer

Anyone read that article about the Sgt that shot and killed the handcuffed guy that killed his partner
    Quick throw me your cuffs I already used all of mine
    Come here Slick Im not done with you yet

Justice Has Been Served.....OOOPS DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD....WELL he got what he deserved, as for the deputy if he was a 33 yr veteran of the force, he should have known how to cover his tracks better
    Last edited by Lawdogg; 08-02-2005, 08:54 PM.
    Those that do evil to innocent people,The Robbers, Murderers, Rapists, Pimps, Prostitutes, The Simps, Sadists, Sinners, You will come to know me well, I am The Punisher.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawdogg
      Justice Has Been Served.....OOOPS DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD....WELL he got what he deserved, but if he was a 33 yr veteran of the force, he should have known how to cover his tracks better
      haha.. amen. That was a big woops..

Comment

A cop killer killed? A moment of silence for the dearly departed okay that's enough, back to the forums...
        You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

what sucks is that they're prosecuting him for max penalty of 7 years for voluntary manslaughter
          Liberalism is a mental disorder
          -Resistance implies Guilt-

Comment

Lets hope the jury see sense

Comment

Originally posted by Mraughh
              what sucks is that they're prosecuting him for max penalty of 7 years for voluntary manslaughter
              Actually I thought he was pleading out to this?
              Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

ALAMOGORDO, N.M. (AP) -- An Otero County sheriff's sergeant accused of shooting a man who killed his partner moments before pleaded guilty Monday to a charge of voluntary manslaughter.

Billy Anders, a 33-year law enforcement veteran, entered his plea before state District Judge James W. Counts. The charge carries a firearm enhancement.

Counts did not immediately set a sentencing date. A plea agreement calls for a maximum sentence of seven years in prison.

An Otero County grand jury in March indicted Anders in the death last Dec. 18 of Earl Flippen.

Anders and fellow Deputy Robert Hedman had responded to reports of shots fired at a home Flippen rented near Cloudcroft.

Flippen refused to let them in, and Hedman went to the back door. Anders called for backup.

Flippen killed Hedman with a single gunshot to the head, an autopsy report said.

Flippen then came around the side of the house, exchanged gunfire with Anders and was shot.

Authorities later discovered that Flippen had fatally shot his pregnant girlfriend.

Prosecutors had alleged Flippen was hit by a bullet and was incapacitated, had been handcuffed, and was not a threat to the officer or anyone else when he was shot again.

A medical examiner's report said Flippen's body arrived for an autopsy with his hands cuffed behind his back. His pockets contained seven unfired bullets.

A gunshot wound to the right side of Flippen's chest was surrounded by ''gunpowder stippling'' a gunpowder burn indicative of a close-range shot, the autopsy report said.

The medical examiner said the chest wound perforated the heart and both lungs and resulted in ''significant internal bleeding.'' Another bullet wound in the head lacerated the brain and lodged behind the left eye.

Flippen also sustained wounds to his left hand and left upper arm.

An autopsy report on Hedman said he died instantly from a gunshot wound to the head fired from a distance. The report labeled his death a homicide.

Comment

It is a truly sad incident. Two cops lost because of one scumbag.
                  No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

Should never have plead. The suspect died as a result of close combat exchange of gunfire. After he was shot the Deputy handcuffed him according to SOP. No witnesses, no crime. I'm not saying that if he cuffed him and then shot him in cold blood he was right but I don't 'know' that he did that. I 'do' know he killed one Officer and wounded another and was killed by returned fire. At the very least I can imagine temporary insanity being so distraught over losing his partner he did not know right from wrong at that point. No matter what, it is tragic that two Officers have lost everything over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Wiggum
                      Actually I thought he was pleading out to this?
                      See stans post below yours.

He should have went to trial and claimed temporary insanity rather than the plea deal. Juries are fickle as we all know and he may have gotten off alot lighter.
                      Liberalism is a mental disorder
                      -Resistance implies Guilt-

Comment

They may be saving temporary insanity for the sentencing phase.
                        No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Cruiser
                          Should never have plead. The suspect died as a result of close combat exchange of gunfire. After he was shot the Deputy handcuffed him according to SOP. No witnesses, no crime. I'm not saying that if he cuffed him and then shot him in cold blood he was right but I don't 'know' that he did that. I 'do' know he killed one Officer and wounded another and was killed by returned fire. At the very least I can imagine temporary insanity being so distraught over losing his partner he did not know right from wrong at that point. No matter what, it is tragic that two Officers have lost everything over it.
                          This is in my backyard so allow me to shed some light. There was a witness, it was the dash cam that recorded the suspect cuffed, then he is out of sight laying on the ground, and then you can hear the one shot. That is how the state police made the case. Car video. Pretty damaging. He pled as the feds were going to charge him with civil rights violations, so this is a better deal. He will probably get probation.

Comment

Originally posted by MICHAELH663
                            This is in my backyard so allow me to shed some light. There was a witness, it was the dash cam that recorded the suspect cuffed, then he is out of sight laying on the ground, and then you can hear the one shot. That is how the state police made the case. Car video. Pretty damaging. He pled as the feds were going to charge him with civil rights violations, so this is a better deal. He will probably get probation.
                            PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED!!!!!!
                            Nate The Cop

Be forwarned the content on this site is Politically Incorrect and may be deemed immature and offensive to bleeding heart liberal ****** bags

Comment

Originally posted by MICHAELH663

We have this little thing at our station called a degauser....just wave your tape over it at the start of your shift as we recycle tapes after 30 days if not needed. Sounds like this officer needed one of those!
                              Anyone who believes "the customer is always right" has never been a police officer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5469 users online. 342 members and 5127 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X