300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences

Reading different peoples Answeres to Questions Its kinda funny you can tell What type of jurisdiction they work in example a guy in a rich are seems to answer more Politically Correct and they seem to bash officers who they think messed up vs. Someone in a less police friendly enviornment seem to back up the Officers point of view even if the Officer did something wrong they tend to stick up for them .
    I have had the pleasure of working in both types of citys I started my police career in a very rich Politically correct city and NOw I work in on of the poorest citys in the state. Its a big difference in they way the Departments work, attitude of officers, attitude towards officers from public ect.
    Any Thoughts on this
    Quick throw me your cuffs I already used all of mine
    Come here Slick Im not done with you yet

Reading different peoples Answeres to Questions Its kinda funny you can tell What type of jurisdiction they work in
    You mean that if they have a different opinion than you they must not be "the real police" and probably work in Mayberry?

I always thought it had more to do with someone's time on the job than where they worked, although a guy who works in the city ghetto gets a lot more reasonable quicker than a guy who works in the suburbs. For instance, a guy with 10 years in the city is a lot more likely to realize how stupid it is to chase a stolen car at high speed during the day, or drive 100 mph to a domestic call than the guy with 12 or 15 years in the suburbs. Although there are exceptions.

Comment

No I just see how everyone attacked the guy that got fired because some public defender said he made a racial comment to her client. And everyone alot of people were bashing him with out knowing the whole story. I just know In my Dept we would have backed the guy because most people here hate cops. But I also worked in a Rich city and the officers would have Bashed him just like some of the people on here. The attitude was totaly different

Comment

Why would the cops back him? He made an idiot of himself in a court setting. You are not supposed to be out to "get" the bad guy in court. You are there to objectively present evidence. The guy was a hot dog. While I don't know if he should have been fired, his department is probably better off without him. Do you support backing cops who are wrong just because they're cops? That makes everyone look like morons who can't think on their own.

Comment

No but I do support a COp until I know the entire story and since the only one that knows what he said was Him I think he deserves a little support until he comes out and says Yea I lied and Yes I said it.

Comment

No but I do support a COp until I know the entire story and since the only one that knows what he said was Him I think he deserves a little support until he comes out and says Yea I lied and Yes I said it.
            Ahhh...so despite the witnesses, you think there is reasonable doubt until the cop confesses? It's not reasonable for someone to think that he said what he's accused of saying? We can put someone in prison based on circumstantial evidence, but we shouldn't discipline a cop in a case where there are witnesses to what he said unless he confesses?
            Last edited by Frank Booth; 07-31-2005, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Thats not what I am saying I am saying that you and I dont know the whole story. You dont know who the witnesses are you dont know what motives they may have. Maybe they were all arrested by that cop in the past. So If you dont know the whole story I dont think it is fair to jump on the cop.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Booth
                You mean that if they have a different opinion than you they must not be "the real police" and probably work in Mayberry?

Dude, who pi55ed in your wheaties?

Maybe I'm the idiot here, but it sounded to me like he was simply speculating on the different attitudes and learning curves that go along with different environmental factors of policing. Which, in my opinion, makes a good deal of sense. I used to work in a county with a large land mass and pretty large population that was mostly comfortable if not well off and now I work in a city neighborhood that is mostly lower income. I have noticed a great deal of changes in my ideas and approaches to police work since I started working the city.

I credit the changes that I went through to the fact that I cover a smaller geographic area and have a bit more time to get to know the people that live there. Through need I realized that I couldn't just assume everyone was an ahole and lock them all up for the piddly chit. I realized that in order to be succesful I would have to get to know people and earn the trust of a community that had little or no trust of the system, much less another skinny white cop.

-web
                "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Dont mind him he just dont like Cops. I think we cut down the tree he was hugging.

Comment

Maybe I'm the idiot here, but it sounded to me like he was simply speculating on the different attitudes and learning curves that go along with different environmental factors of policing.
                    Could be................

Comment

Dude, who pi55ed in your wheaties?

Maybe I'm the idiot here, but it sounded to me like he was simply speculating on the different attitudes and learning curves that go along with different environmental factors of policing. Which, in my opinion, makes a good deal of sense. I used to work in a county with a large land mass and pretty large population that was mostly comfortable if not well off and now I work in a city neighborhood that is mostly lower income. I have noticed a great deal of changes in my ideas and approaches to police work since I started working the city.

I credit the changes that I went through to the fact that I cover a smaller geographic area and have a bit more time to get to know the people that live there. Through need I realized that I couldn't just assume everyone was an ahole and lock them all up for the piddly chit. I realized that in order to be succesful I would have to get to know people and earn the trust of a community that had little or no trust of the system, much less another skinny white cop.

-web

Yes thats it in a nut shell

Comment

Originally posted by Ballen0351
                        Someone in a less police friendly enviornment seem to back up the Officers point of view even if the Officer did something wrong they tend to stick up for them .
                        ive spent my entire career in a poor area working for a large urban police department. that doesnt mean that i throw common sense out of the window. if somebody is wrong, then that person is wrong. i wont stick up for somebody just for the sake of doing so.

as police, we expect the public to take responsibility for their actions. they should be able to expect the same from us. if we make a mistake, we should acknowledge the mistake, apologize and move on. whats wrong with admitting that we're human?
                        "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
                        William Shatner

Comment

Yes If an officer messes up or does something wrong he deserves to be punished. What I am saying is If I was not there and the only info I have is from the news paper which is know to be anti-cop in the first place I am not going to jump all over a cop with out all the facts and I will support him. No if the facts show he is wrong then shame on him but until then Innocent until proven guilty I think thats how its supposed to work or does that not apply to Cops

Comment

Originally posted by Ballen0351
                            Yes If an officer messes up or does something wrong he deserves to be punished. What I am saying is If I was not there and the only info I have is from the news paper which is know to be anti-cop in the first place I am not going to jump all over a cop with out all the facts and I will support him.
                            i still dont get why every cop thinks the media is out to get us because they publish stories about cops messing up. sure there are some reporters who have hard on's for cops. but it isnt some major conspiracy that every news paper and every tv station has it in for cops. they report negative crap about alot of people. thats their job.

No if the facts show he is wrong then shame on him but until then Innocent until proven guilty I think thats how its supposed to work or does that not apply to Cops
                            how many news reports do you read about where an average joe commits a crime and even before the trial, we're all commenting on how much of a scum bag that person is?

we dont wait for trials to form an opinion of the average joe. why should we wait when it comes to another cop who got caught with his pants down?
                            "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
                            William Shatner

Comment

I my be a little Bias towards the Paper after I shot someone they blasted me in the paper so I a little un happy with them. Did everything short of call me a murderer

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3995 users online. 220 members and 3775 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X