300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nightstick

I was wondering if anyone knows where i could order a cocobola wood stick. I have seen a few places that sell wood sticks but not cocobola. The cocobola is hard as nails but seems alot lighter than the cheaper wood sticks. I have an asp on the belt but would like to get one of these to keep in the cruiser. If anyone can give a website it would be great. Thanks in advance.

Stay Safe

This guy handcrafts police batons:

http://personal.picusnet.com/aa3jt/
    No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

i'd love to swap the asp for one of these.

http://www.arizonaironwood.com/Ironwood%20Billy.htm

Comment

It will only get you in trouble. Don't buy it.

Comment

There was a guy in Balto-less that made batons. Let me check with a buddy of mine. Your talking about the type with the long leather strap on it that swivels, right?
          "The glory goes to those that dance on land mines and live to die another day"

"Get on it Mel"

Comment

Unless your department issues it or you have written proof that you are authorized to carry it with departmental approval, do not carry one! You are opening up yourself fo a lawsuit. The favorite word from an attorney sueing you is that it is a 'club'. If anything a PR-24 is probably a better choice anyway unless you are in a riot with formed squads. In that case the straight wooden baton is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
              It will only get you in trouble. Don't buy it.

why ??????

Comment

"cause you'll strike somebody and they will sue and you will loose your house, your car and your pension and oh yeah your job.

Comment

your supposed to be a professional whats wrong with owning a nice night stick ?

Comment

i collect them ....... lighten up CHIEF

Comment

hey CHIEF DONT HIT PEOPLE WITH THE THING AND YOULL BE OK

Comment

My wife got me a beautiful custom made cocobolo night stick with a nice leather lanyard and my number engraved in it. Here's the web site.

http://home.i-plus.net/aa3jt/

But, what's the difference if you were to smack someone with your night stick or your ASP as long as you do it properly and as trained? Any a-hole lawyer could then sue all he wants and you'll be covered under "Qualified Immunity."

Sammy

Sorry. My site is the same as the other above. Check it out, you will not be disappointed.

If you're a collector, I have a nice older lingum vitae 17" club if you'd like to make an offer.

Sammy
                        Last edited by SammyCal1; 07-29-2005, 07:18 PM.
                        If I could keep one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I could ease one life the aching or cool one pain; or lift a fainting robin unto it's nest again, I shall not live in vain. Emily Dickinson
                        www.samanthafund.com

Comment

I didn't say anything was wrong with them or that if you were to use it you would be wrong. What I said is if it is not department issue and the BG wants a piece of everything you own he can sue you and 9 out of 10 times will win! I don't think that is right but the real world usually doesn't give a rip what I think. The shyster attorney will call it an unauthorized club and a weapon that even your own department wouldn't authorize, yada, yada, yada. Then your butt is swinging in the wind. I put the one I was issued in 1971 by SDPD up on the shelf with my other things in 1978 when my department said they were no longer authorized as optional equipment. They did not forbid you having one but no longer sanctioned them.

Comment

The guy in Baltimore was called Nightstick Joe and just about all BPD officers bought their's from him. The Cop Shop in Baltimore and Maryland Police Supply still carry wood since BPD (some of them anyways) can still carry them.

My department does not have it's own academy and where they sent me carried wood back then. (1997) Never got to carry it on the street since we were carrying PR24's. Had to get trained all over again but loved carrying it in the academy.
                            In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

Your nightstick is the same level of force as your gun. To be more to the point, if you can legally use your stick, you can legally use your gun. Screw it. Shoot the SOB.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4290 users online. 263 members and 4027 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X