Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle charged with second degree murder of nephew

http://www.dailyjournalonline.com/ar...nity/news1.txt

Whats your take(s) on this guys (and girls). I'm not too sure about this one. The kid was in pain so his unc gives him a few (5) pills. Yes, the pills were controlled, and no, the uncle shouldn't have given them to the kid. But murder? I could see it if this guy was a typical drug dealer passing out pills, or if he forced the kid to take them, but just from reading the article it sounds to me like he just wanted to help the kid with his pain.

I have no reason to run a criminal history on this guy, but just checking Missouri's database, he has had one state traffic ticket and thats it. No other charges at all. I'd say hit him up for distribution or something but not murder, I may swing for the manslaughter charge, but I'm not even too sure about that.

Maybe I'm just soft today.
    "He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still"

-Lao Tzu

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

-Reinhold Niebuhr

I watched my Mom die of cancer over a long period of time. Knowing what I do now, if I could have given her a pill to ease her pain, whether legal or not, I would have done it.
    Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

I agree, and I would do the same for anyone that I cared about, family and even good friends. I guess my problem with this is I don't see any criminal intent. I'm glad its not my case.
      "He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still"

-Lao Tzu

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

-Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

Did the kid have cancer? If the kid just had back pain, methadone was over kill. Uncle should have known what it could have done. Don't know about all the circunstances, but the manslaughter charge sounds like a good one.

Comment

I'm unsure of the reason for the kid's pain. You know the media...and I was just basing my opinion on what I read in that one article. I do realize that there is more to the story.

-Lao Tzu

-Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6180 users online. 343 members and 5837 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X