300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help..the Sergeants Exam is coming!

Ok here is my problem....the Sergeants Exam is coming up within I guess about 6 months. I am not into kissing a** as some guys are. I stay out of the Chiefs way if at all possible but I am on days so we get to have bulls**t sessions in the patrol room with the other patrol guys. I want to set myself apart from the other candidates (of which there are two really good guys) How do I do so without kissing butt? I have taken some initiative and set up some programs within our agency as well as re-writing our policy on use of force. What else is there to do?
    Anyone who believes "the customer is always right" has never been a police officer.

Originally posted by Kevin_Callahan
    Ok here is my problem....the Sergeants Exam is coming up within I guess about 6 months. I am not into kissing a** as some guys are. I stay out of the Chiefs way if at all possible but I am on days so we get to have bulls**t sessions in the patrol room with the other patrol guys. I want to set myself apart from the other candidates (of which there are two really good guys) How do I do so without kissing butt? I have taken some initiative and set up some programs within our agency as well as re-writing our policy on use of force. What else is there to do?

kiss butt.... j/k

keep up with what you're doing. be professional to others including brass because as a SGT, you'll be dealing with them more and more. Scoring high on the tests also helps... good luck
    ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne

Comment

I was afraid of that!

I scored pretty good last time as I was second on the written. The oral boards didn't go so well as I didn't know how to answer some of the questions. I am better prepared for this round though.
      Anyone who believes "the customer is always right" has never been a police officer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2939 users online. 198 members and 2741 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X