300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD SWAT hostage situation.

As most of you know, LAPD SWAT was involved in a shoot out with a man holding his daughter hostage. The unfortunate result was the death of the child. I am not going to attempt to discuss this incident, but I would like to tell you how I saw one news station report this event.

Several news stations reported the event in this manner: "Girl dies in hostage situation with LAPD", or something like "Girl dies after being shot by LAPD in hostage situation". These two are not exact words but basically reflect what was said. I don't necessarily have a problem with these words, BUT...

Fox News 40 reported the incident as follows: "LAPD kills girl...." Wow, I was floored. Do you think anyone continued to listen to the facts of the story after that statement. It's all in how the story is told. Fox 40 did us a great injustice in how they reported this incident. The LAPD did not kill that child. The bullet they fired may have ultimately led to her demise, but the father who fired at police with her in his arms, KILLED HER.

After I saw the news report, I wrote an email to Fox 40 news stating how irresponsible I believed they were in the words they chose for this story. I hope you all agree and will hold your media responsible for how they "decide" to report the facts.

Fox

Maybe something about FOX, but the local affiliate in El Paso always puts a negative spin on LE issues as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NARC999
      As most of you know, LAPD SWAT was involved in a shoot out with a man holding his daughter hostage. The unfortunate result was the death of the child. I am not going to attempt to discuss this incident, but I would like to tell you how I saw one news station report this event.

Several news stations reported the event in this manner: "Girl dies in hostage situation with LAPD", or something like "Girl dies after being shot by LAPD in hostage situation". These two are not exact words but basically reflect what was said. I don't necessarily have a problem with these words, BUT...

Fox News 40 reported the incident as follows: "LAPD kills girl...." Wow, I was floored. Do you think anyone continued to listen to the facts of the story after that statement. It's all in how the story is told. Fox 40 did us a great injustice in how they reported this incident. The LAPD did not kill that child. The bullet they fired may have ultimately led to her demise, but the father who fired at police with her in his arms, KILLED HER.

After I saw the news report, I wrote an email to Fox 40 news stating how irresponsible I believed they were in the words they chose for this story. I hope you all agree and will hold your media responsible for how they "decide" to report the facts.
      Not surprised at all. Media morons
      "Support Our Troops"

Comment

The spanish language media in LA have done everything possible to spark a race riot including reporting LAPD executed the shooter & the child. For the most part, the rest of the media has not been too bad. The LA Times, a regular LAPD critic has come out strongly in support of LAPD along with conservative talk radio..

Comment

The tragic and saddist part about this incident is that the Officers involved will have to live with this terrible incident for the rest of their lives. For some of them it might even cause them to leave the job. I had a very close friend who was an outstanding officer that was driving in a code 3 response to a robbery alarm and was involved in a fatal accident. The young lady who died was even the wife of another LEO from a companion agency. The robbery alarm was false, (idiot showing his buddy how fast the police can respond), and the Officer was proven not to be at fault but it hurt him so badly mentally he resigned. He could just not bring himself to ever turn on the bluelights again.

Comment

yeah what shame but at least Bratton seems to be supporting his troops like a good chief.
            Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

Originally posted by squad51
                yeah what shame but at least Bratton seems to be supporting his troops like a good chief.
                There is a first time for everything..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3246 users online. 162 members and 3084 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X