Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Guy
    replied
    These links may help. I haven't contacted the other compaines though.

US State Dept

PAE

CIVPOL Forum

CPI

TGY

Leave a comment:

• JTA1186
    replied
    Thanks to all

Good feedback, I appreciate the info. I have also looked into Blackwater, but was not so much interested in the 2-yr obligation after the academy. Still considering my options, thanks again and be safe!

Leave a comment:

• Creeker
    replied
    Having dallied with the idea... not too seriously I might add, due to some known medical crap, I would seriously look at the way the Geneva Convention views Private Contractors, and how hard it might be to fall off of the straight, narrow and changing line you have to walk.

There was an investigative report type program on the History Channel recently that broached some of the problems involving Contractors that hadn't occurred to me before, ie, Contractors are not soldiers and have no right to be treated as such if captured by an enemy who perceives themselves to be at war. Not that this enemy actually follows any rules, but you get the idea.

Leave a comment:

• Wilco5o
    replied
    I am currently here in Iraq and I have heard nothing but bad things about Dyn Corp. The guys i have interacted with have poorly uparmored vehicles, and have no comms with military so when they go out on missions they get into some **** they are on there own. I will fill you in on some other stuff that doesn't need to be on the forum if you PM me. If you qualify, I have heard that Blackwater is the way to go.

Leave a comment:

• That Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by Chief Wiggum
    Blackwater makes you pay for your training.

Plus they hire (last time I checked) prior military only.

Dyncorp offers 6 month contracts now to Afghanistan. Not sure on the pay but that seems better than the 12 month, least for me.
    If you go with them keep us posted I'd like to hear the feedback.

TGY

Leave a comment:

• Chief Wiggum
    replied
    Blackwater makes you pay for your training.

Leave a comment:

• jnhdrac
    replied
    I worked for them in Bosnia years ago and was happy with them. My partner from those days went on to work for them again in Bosnia, Timor, and Iraq, and remained happy with them. I have another non police friend who also works for them in Iraq, and he too is happy with them. Alot of people like to trash Dyncorp, and there are some legitimate beefs, but I have legitimate gripes with my police department also. My experience was positive, but it is nothing like having a regular job back home. My partner from Bosnia did express some concern about the quality of some people Dyncorp had working in Iraq. One Dyncorp cop was shot and killed in an AD incident by another cop, that sounded pretty inexcusable to me. Good luck with it.

Leave a comment:

• mosetti
    replied
    There are some guys in my department that did contracts with DynCorp and and the general concensus is that DynCorp is not the way to go. My buddy said that you should visit www.dyncorpsucks.com before deciding on them. I am told that ITT, Ernyis International, Armour Group, or 3CGI, or Blackwater USA are great to work for.

Leave a comment:

• JTA1186
    started a topic Dyncorp

Dyncorp

I have been giving some thought to trying the international police mission thing in Afghanistan with Dyncorp. The recruiter says, all training /expenses paid, $100, 000 for a 12 month contract.

Anybody worked for them or know much about it?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5400 users online. 345 members and 5055 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X