300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First 10-33 last night

Well to make a long story short, my partner and I were in a pretty decent fight last night.

We ended up at a loud party complaint and which turned out to be a domestic.

We listened at the door and then did the knock. It went down hill from there. We got into it in at the doorway with one male, he became combative almost right off the bat. I dragged him out the suite by his head and into the hall. He tired to steam roll over me and in those norrow apartment hallways I could get a good take down so I all could is try and choke him out from the weird *** position I landed in.

As we struggled he went for my poor 5ft tall partner's taser. She was half pinned under us and punching him. He got a hold of it and armed it but thankfully she managed to retain it. Once she got control of the tazer she hit her 10-33 button. Buddy managed to squirm out from under me and got a knee strike to the face, which did nothing. I managed to toss him away from us. He postured up again with his yelling at my partner he was going to take the tazer. I managed to slow him down with a baton strike across the thigh. I hit him once and just stopped and looked at me which have my partner time to taze him. It was beautiful, TIMBER............... knee drop - handcuff.

A minute later everyone arrived and there was about 18 cops in the hallway. we booted in the door.. then buddies bedroom door and arrested him. It was sureal, with a half a dozen of so red dots on him from tazers, and just as many gun pointed at him, he suddenly was very cooperative.

Anyhow, I am as sore and crap today. I we figure guy was cystal meth. He was so strong.

I have responded to 10-33's before, but that being the first one I needed help on was incredible. Guys came from other departments, even plainclothes drug cops flying out the fire escape door, it absolutely blew me away.. That is brotherhood!

We often hear about police brotherhood, but we don't often get to experience it. Last night I was blown away the response and concern for us.

Just thought I'd share that with you all.

Great Story, Glad to hear that your and your partner are ok. That Meth is nasty. Glad to hear you had a Tazer. Our Sheriff won't get them for us. We have 11 Deputy's and then the Sheriff. 9 of us patrol and there is times that our back up is 30 min to an hour away. Hoping to convince him in getting them. I hate to get into a situration like you and not have one. Stay safe and again glad to hear your ok.

Comment

Originally posted by cst.sb
      Well to make a long story short, my partner and I were in a pretty decent fight last night.

We ended up at a loud party complaint and which turned out to be a domestic........

......Just thought I'd share that with you all.

Glad your ok, and your partner too....Use this as a learning experience, what do you think you could have done differently if anything????

And yes, you will always be surprised on who shows up when you kick out an "officer needs help" call.

I had a guy once who grabbed my weapon in the holster....oh man it was on after that, but I had activated my "button" prior to the fight and in the midst of me making him a pinata with my PR-24 about 30 cops showed up to ummm "help take him into custody" I didn't even recognize some of the patches in the room.....
      There's no substitute for strength,
      and no excuse for a lack of it!!

Comment

Awesome

You and your partner must have been pretty calm under pressure. It's great to hear that neither of you were injured. I also love the fact that the guy got some much deserved attention and some time to reflect on the errs of his ways!

Comment

Thanks for your comments,

As for the Tazer I can't say enough about them. Actually this whole block was stupid. We tried to arrest a mental guy to get him in the hospital and it took four of us (no tazer). We were all sore by Thursday.

As for the boss that won't buy tazers, my opinion after seeing one in action is that there shouldn't be a cop out there without one. They work like magic. I orginally thought about using my OC Spray but in a tight hallway we would all been contaiminated. I managed to get on good asp baton strike (bent it and it won't colapse) in the elbow of the hallway.

In retrospect I think I missed judged him and thought he was drunk. I also didn't recognize him, he is dial-a-doper, and I hadn't seen him in over a year. I also didn't fight dirty enough. My attention span was divided between the toad and the door. I was half watching the door in case his buddy came out.

Later we figured one of two things was going on in the apartment. The other guy was throwing a handgun off the balcony, or tossing/flushing their dope.

The one biggest errors we made was were we parked our cars. There were two 20+ floor highrises and we parked closer to the other one. So when members from other departments first got the call, and before the channel got patched that it was the north building. So they responded to the wrong highrise and kicked some poor guys door in, tackled him, and cuffed him. After everything was said and done we got a good laugh at it, but really it was scary as f***! The lesson on that one, was no matter what I am going to park in front of the right building.

I don't think any of us get into policing to hurt people. Next time the gloves are off, things are going to be a lot diffferent.

Buddy ended up with four charges, assault PO X 2, disarm police officer, and obstruction. And when I get back to work I am going to double check to see if his licence plate is flagged. It should make for some interesting vehicle stops for him while he is waiting for court.

Comment

The one call you ALWAYS answer is an Officer Needs Help call. No exceptions unless you are in a gunfight at the time yourself. Seriously, guys always remember the faces of the guys that come to help them and one day you need that help. Glad it worked out for you two.

Comment

It's a shame you are all the way up in Canada CST. If I heard it I would come running too.

Comment

It sounds like you guys did a great job. It hit the fan, you kept your head, and weren't afraid to get help when you needed it.

Good job!

Comment

Maybe it is time to enter a loud domestic with the TAZER already in hand and let them know after seperated what will happen if the situation goes south.
                  Just a thought.

TAZem both and watch'em both kick around on the filthy floor say'in I'm sorry baby I's Luv's Ya.

Bet you get no more calls to that dive again.

Comment

A couple of you have mentioned the 10-33 "button". Does your radio have an actuall button on it which which broadcast your call for help?

Wish my radio had one

Comment

Yes, most police radios have the ability to use a "panic" button. Not all agencies use it. Why I don't know. Money I guess. That's the excuse I get for everything else.
                      You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

ok....I get it now. The little red button on the radio that no one ever told me about. probably a good indication that it does not work for my department.

We do have a panic button on our MDTs, I accidentaly hit it once (was playing solitare and got ****ed). It was activated for 8 minutes before dispatch checked my status. i then realized my mistake and advised them of it.....but...8 minutes??

Comment

Originally posted by JHoek
                          ok....I get it now. The little red button on the radio that no one ever told me about. probably a good indication that it does not work for my department.
                          Ours is called "The Pizza Button"! When you accidentally hit it because it is in a much used area on the radio, you have to buy dispatch pizza the next day! It freaks them out so much, I'm surprised it isn't called the "Kiss *** For A Year Button"!
                          She wants someone to call her angel, Someone to put the light back in her eyes...

In honor of: Cpl Chad Powell USMC Killed In Action Fallujah, Iraq June 23, 2005

Comment

Man you guys have no idea how lucky you are now. When I was on the job we had those big 2x4x12" radios that often did not work and the only really good thing about them was they weighed about 5 lbs and were a great brick to beat the guy you were fighting about the head and shoulders with. No such thing as any darn button!

Comment

Originally posted by cst.sb
                              I have responded to 10-33's before, but that being the first one I needed help on was incredible. Guys came from other departments, even plainclothes drug cops flying out the fire escape door, it absolutely blew me away.. That is brotherhood!
                              The first time I had to call an "O.T." (Officer in Trouble), my partner and I were surrounded by a hostile crowd as we were arresting a crack dealer. I think there was something like 4 or 5 different agencies that responded, campus PD's, city, state, you name it. Nothing better than hearing the approaching sirens of the cavalry when you're in trouble.

Glad to hear that you & your partner were relatively unharmed.
                              Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5489 users online. 281 members and 5208 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X