Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJs suspended for discussion of how to fight police officers

ASSOCIATED PRESS

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Two hip-hop radio personalities have been suspended for an on-air discussion of ways to fight police officers - comments made not long after an officer was slain.

Officials at KATZ-FM would not detail the comments, but said the remarks made on Wednesday related to ways to hurt or disarm police officers.

The two suspended disc jockeys, whose professional names are DJ Kaos and DJ Sylli Asz, were discussing with callers on their morning show how to fight for an officer's radio so he or she cannot call for help, the station said.

Lee Clear, general manager of the station, apologized for the comments, calling them ''entirely inappropriate.''

The radio personalities, whose real names were not immediately available, also apologized.

Clear noted that the station's owner, Clear Channel Communications, had just used its stations to ask the public for information to help find the killer of Sgt. William McEntee, who was fatally shot July 5 in the St. Louis suburb of Kirkwood. A suspect has been arrested.

''We just buried an officer last week,'' St. Louis Police Chief Joe Mokwa said. ''Nobody wants to hear some comic remark about disarming a police officer and taking their radio away so they can't get help. That was outrageous.''

Email Clear Channel Communications here:
    http://www.clearchannel.com/Corporate/Email.aspx

They should be immediately fired for this stupid topic! Their on air names show the maturity of these two. I have a brother-in-law who is a Morning radio personality and I am sure that even though him and his partner are often on the edge they would never even think of doing this and would be ashamed that someone else did. Their real names should also be published so that we know who these idiots are. Maybe the local officers there can let them try to dis-arm them when they happen to break the law, which I have no doubt the officers will observer them doing.

Comment

I wonder if Officers who are injured by suspects on the job can sue these dip****s, if said dip****s' listeners use tactics learned by such a radio program.
      "He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still"

-Lao Tzu

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

-Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

Howard Stern wouldn't even make a comment like this. And he has a comment for everything...............Come to think of it he has always been pro-police

Comment

Originally posted by haus409
          I wonder if Officers who are injured by suspects on the job can sue these dip****s, if said dip****s' listeners use tactics learned by such a radio program.
          Oh, I don't see why the hell not. Everyone else can sue each other for anything else, why not this...if indeed it ever happened.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6269 users online. 311 members and 5958 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X