Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruiser
    replied
    [QUOTE=Bart]with all the flip flopping youve done in this thread, you damn sure sound like a liberal. out of one side of your mouth, you declare cops innocent until proven guilty. then, out of the other side of your mouth, you declare OJ and blake guilty even though theyve been exonerated in the eyes of the courts. what happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty?

You are either under the influance of some substance or have mistaken me for someone else. I am far from liberal. I am a Conservative Libertarian. There is right and wrong and everyone is responsible for themselves and not the Government. The jury may have found those people "not guilty" so they are free but I can still believe them guilty and shun them. Until facts are known I give everyone the benifit of being not guilty until proven otherwise. The facts were in on those cases and the juries opinion just lets them go free, it does not mean I have to believe they are innocent. On the contrary, I believe with all my heart they are guilty and had I been on the jury it would have been at least hung as I would not have given in on my vote.

Leave a comment:

• SgtJohnnyLaw
    replied
    i, on the other hand, have one stance...... everybody (even other cops) is guilty until proven innocent.
    You've got to be kidding right?

Leave a comment:

• actiontrooper
    replied
    I'm glad these two officers are alive to be tried in a court of law. Having been run over and dragged by a car myself, their physical wellbeing is of utmost concern. I've also been in a situation where we had a life and death struggle to get a firearm from a stolen car. Fortunately, the gun was recovered and nobody died. I've also had the unfortunate experience of being tried over and over and over for actions which were necessary to affect an arrest. I can only pray for them. The stress and uncertainty their families will go through can't be described in words. All this for a lousy paycheck. It is unfortunate one of these officers lost his job as a result of a chain of events initiated by the dearly departed perp. It is unfortunate the perp panicked, lacked common sense, or had malicious intent and now three families are in turmoil.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Originally posted by Cruiser
    No, OJ was guilty as sin as was Blake and MJ.......Oh, and I am damn sure not a liberal!
    with all the flip flopping youve done in this thread, you damn sure sound like a liberal. out of one side of your mouth, you declare cops innocent until proven guilty. then, out of the other side of your mouth, you declare OJ and blake guilty even though theyve been exonerated in the eyes of the courts. what happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty?

i, on the other hand, have one stance...... everybody (even other cops) is guilty until proven innocent. one may not be guilty of the crime theyre charged with. however, they may be guilty of something and being charged with a crime they didnt commit is just karma catching up with them.
    Last edited by Bart; 08-10-2005, 11:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mpdrpd
    replied
    here is a good article

This article seems to put a little more light on the subject. About time the papers mention the political agenda of the prosecuter.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet...=1031783565272

Leave a comment:

• Lawdogg
    replied
    SOUNDS INNOCENT TO ME...."You want to sleep at night under the very blanket of protection in which i provide, then question the manner in which i provide it.. i would rather you say thank you and have a nice day, either way i dont give a damn!" jack nicholson.

Leave a comment:

• MPD-A9
    replied
    Originally posted by rpd1794
    Just for the record...this was presented to FIVE grand juries before they could get an indictment.
    FIVE? If it takes five attempts to get an indicment, there aint no way for a conviction. Sounds like they dont even have enough for probable cause.

Leave a comment:

• rpd1794
    replied
    I see a couple of questions appeared while I was away. The reason for Mike's resignation had nothing to do with this incident. It was about verbage he used in the background packet to describe an On-duty traffic accident that the administration felt was worthy of termination...hmmmm....wonder if this would have been an issue if the shooting never happened?

Just for the record...this was presented to FIVE grand juries before they could get an indictment. Our beloved Commonwealth's Attorney looks like he is going to try to push the trial date back as long as he can because he is leaving office at the end of the year. Guess he'd rather dump this pile of crap on his successor.

Mike's biggest concern now is that the trial be concluded by spring so that he can coach Little League. He won't be allowed to as long as this case is pending.

Leave a comment:

• rpd1794
    replied
    For any interested parties...we had a fundraiser/get-together for Mike and Ed last night at the FOP and were able to raise about $2300.00.

Leave a comment:

• retired
    replied
    Originally posted by Stan Switek
    Did I read correctly one of the guys in this resigned? If so, why?
    From what I read, he wasn't forthright about his previous employment in LE.

Leave a comment:

• Stan Switek
    replied
    Did I read correctly one of the guys in this resigned? If so, why?

Leave a comment:

• Lucky Seven
    replied
    Based on the information available it would appear to be a "good" shooting. The fact that these officers have been indicted by a grand jury does not mean they are guilty. As with any other alleged criminal the officers are innocent until proven guilty.

If the officers are found guilty and received a fair trial then they have caused another smear against all the officers that do a great job and are honorable individuals.

I guess I didn't need to throw in my $.02 as I just noticed that DaBoss is "No Longer Active".
    Last edited by Lucky Seven; 07-17-2005, 05:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kokopelli
    replied
    Hey there 'DaBoss' and everyone else... check out www.rcfop.com
    search for "Mattingly' and see the stark similarities here. A long stry short...
    Officer in plain clothes to make dope buy approached by a dealer, offers to sell him a $100 piece of rock- cop says ok- gets his money out- dealer robs him- tries to run off- fight ensues, dealer gets control of officer's gun firing one shot off, officer regains control, dealer starts to try to run off again, and turns to officer, reaching in his waist for a .45 auto- cop shoots and kills dealer. The problem comes in where the officer is white, the dealer is a black 19 year old and our city bows down to our so called 'black activists'. The chief is a coward, talks the Commonwealth's Attorney into getting a GJ to indict for murder. Trial comes- NOT GUILTY- even the black jurors agreed that it should NEVER had even gone to trial.
    -I could get a ham sandwich indicted by a grand jury, by the way.

Leave a comment:

• rpd1794
    replied
    Thanks again for the support all...who is this zipperhead? Another legal scholar that has made my job so much easier over the last 18 years?

Although I'm sure that this will sound very cliche to all the educated DaBoss types out there, unless you have been getting your *** stomped and are praying that the dispatcher heard you call for help....you ain't been where I have....so try and sell that crap somewhere other than a room that is dedicated for people who have experienced it. There's a reason we all stick together...because we have to.

To all my brothers and sisters...i'm beachbound for the next week, so try to keep the dumbasses at bay for me. I trust that you're all well up to the task. Stay safe everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Cruiser
    replied
    Where do I start about "Da Boss", oh, how about leaving? This is a forum for cop! It is called the Squad Room in the Officers Only board which means you are supposed to respect it and not be here unless you are a cop, which you are not. I have never said cops are above the law. In fact I, as every cop I know hate dishonest cops and will have them fired if they are not upholding the standards or arrest them if they commit a crime and make sure they are prosecuted. We just tend to believe cops over some power hungry DA who wants to build a name for himself by stepping on honest, heroic people like these two officers apparently are. Nobody wants to talk about the 300lb gorillia that is also sitting there. The fact that these two officers happen to be white and the suspect was black. I submit had the officers been black maybe this charge would not happen, but had the suspect been white it certainly would not have happened. It seems like a good shoot and unless they have the EVIDENCE to prove it otherwise these two guys deserve better treatment from the very people they have risked their lives for. The truth will win out and I hope that when they are exonerated they receive proper compensation to cover the costs they have incurred defending themselves and back pay and money to help pay them back for all they have been put through. You could not possibly pay them enough for the harm to their reputation that they have suffered.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3188 users online. 165 members and 3023 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X