Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richmond Officers charged with murder!

Wow, guys, did you see the news that two Richmond Police Officers have been charged with murder in the shooting death of a suspect! I am really shocked and hope they are doing this so that the officers are tried and found justified in this shooting and not letting them hang out to dry. It scares me because I had the same type incident happen to myself and a Detective many years ago. While I only shot at the tire and nobody was shot or killed the only reason I didn't put one into the back of the suspects head was because it was dark and I could not tell which head was the Detectives and which was his. He too pulled the Detective into the car and stepped on the gas and even tried to brush a fire hydrant to crush the Detective in order to escape. Even though he was not armed I knew the Detectives life was in danger though these actions and the fact that he was being held in such a dangerous manner by a very large man. The Detective was able to pull his weapon and stick it in the suspects ear to make him stop the car within a block with me right behind in foot pursuit ready to take the suspect out if a clean shot produced itself. I really hope that these two Officers are found not guilty and completely cleared in all respects including civil. If it happened the way it has been stated it certainly seems like it should happen. What do you think.
    Last edited by Cruiser; 07-15-2005, 06:44 PM.

And I bet you thought OJ was innocent too.

They don't charge people with murder willy nilly, so quit being a liberal and standing up for criminals.

Comment

Also, who are these defendants going to sue ... the grand jury? Typical liberal legal activist.

Comment

No, OJ was guilty as sin as was Blake and MJ. I also had a Sgt that shot and killed a guy in a terrible resisting fight after being arrested for a felony and he was on crack and attacked the officer. He insisted it go to the Grand Jury after being charged with murder. It came back as a 'No Bill' which we knew it would. That put to rest any garbage that might have come up later. Oh, and I am damn sure not a liberal!

Comment

The grand jury indicted here, not no billed. Thus, any argument of an over-zealous prosecutor is invalid.

I will agree that those people who are no billed by grand juries should be considered innocent (for the most part). But that is not the case here.

Cops can be dirty too. That is why PDs have background investigations.

Comment

Wasn't this incident investigated by the Virginia State Police, who submitted it to the GJ?
            Retired

Comment

A link

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet...=1031783854278

Comment

These guys are friends and coworkers....unless there is something that they havent told me about the incident, this is all BS. The State Police did conduct the initial investigation, which the former Chief thought would be a good idea.

There is past history between the Investigator and one of the officer's father-in-law while both were employed with the DC Metro Police in years past. The Commonwealth's Attorney (Head Prosecutor) for the city has had a hard-on for the PD for quite awhile, and tried a detective for murder twice, which he lost, then for manslaughter, which he also lost. It's not difficult to get a true bill from a grand jury if you put the right spin on it.

These guys have been left hanging on administrative leave for a year and three months. One of the Officer's wives just had a baby, and they were both arrested and held WITHOUT bail pending the initial appearance today. What flight risk did they pose? They have sat around for 15 months waiting for the case to be concluded, but now theyre gonna run???

This room is for law enforcement only...this could happen to any of us at any time, and the way the political wind is blowing could well determine your fate. Keep an open mind until the facts are out in the open.
                Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

[QUOTE=DaBoss]The grand jury indicted here, not no billed. Thus, any argument of an over-zealous prosecutor is invalid.

I hate to argue with you on this but being a cop in the metro-Richmond area I am somwehat familiar with Mr. David Hicks and his reputuation as a Commonwealth Attorney. Hicks has tried three times previously to convict another Richmond Detective of murder stemming from a shooting 3-4 ysr back. Hicks tried to indict the cop and had a mistrial, then he tried two more times on Murder 2 and Murder 1, both attempts failed.

Now, unforatunately Mr. Hicks is trying to send another cop to jail for something that was completely justifiable. He has put more emphasis on TV commercials about dog-fighting in Richmond than he has on the violent crimes. Richmond was the #5 most violent city in 2004 and has always continued to hold top 10 positions in that area.

Comment

Typical

Originally posted by retired
                    Wasn't this incident investigated by the Virginia State Police, who submitted it to the GJ?
                    In the past I have refrained from bashing my department even when it would have been jusitifiable. The investigating "agency" has a past history of taking an inordinate amount of time to investigate allegations of wrong doing. Case in point, the investigation of the two RPD officers. Three independent witnesses all say essentially the same thing as these officers did. Why then would it take 13-14 months and two attempts at the grand jury to get these men indicted. Because the case was without merit. I myself have first-hand experience with this topic, (refer to "Cleared but not Cleared").

Comment

There are 'Dirty Cops' but until I know all the facts I am going to believe they are not guilty and support them. Hell, that is what is done for the dirtbags we arrest on the street so why in the hell should you not do it for your brother officers? Wait, I'll bet you are not really a cop, are you? I will continue to believe they are innocent of all charges until the facts are in and also sopport them. As I have been in what appears to be very simuliar circumstances and I know that had I fired, (and trust me, I wanted to), If it is as they say then they are totally justified.

PS I just looked and this DaBoss is DaIdiot and not a cop. He is an intern and what he is interning is anyones guess
                      Last edited by Cruiser; 07-16-2005, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the support cruiser....the story is simple. Drone runs stop sign. Drone is pulled over...When officer makes contact with drone, partner sees gun on floorboard on driver's side. While attempting to separate said drone from his gat, Officer is pulled into the car while drone tries to drive off. Officer manages to get himself fully into the car to avoid being dragged (keep in mind we lost an outstanding trooper and all around great guy in a similar incident in 2003)...Officer, while his back is on passenger front floorboard, kicks at drone to prevent drone from grabbing gat. Officer fires one round, striking drone. Officers partner hears gunshot while outside and behind drone's car, and fears his partner is being shot...so he puts three or four through the back glass.

This is the same old story. Had drone complied in the beggining, he would still be here, Mike and Ed would still be at work, and we would not be here worrying about all this.

This has absolutely killed morale in patrol. This is a violent city, we routinely sieze weapons third world armies would love to have. How are we supposed to go out and be proactive with crap like this hanging over our heads?

I am proud of my department and the work that we do....but there are gonna be some really trying times ahead. Thanks again for your support.
                        Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

If that is the total facts, ( and I assume it is as I have personally seen this type incident happen), it is a damn good shooting and the Officers should both be commended and given medals for bravery. Maybe they need to sue for false prosecution! I hope these two apparently fine, brave Officers soon get back to work and get compensation for all the problems and harassment they have been subjected to. Putting them in jail with no bond is absolutely insane! First off it is not first degree murder with a possible death or life sentence so bond is almost always provided. Also these officers have established themselves in the community and appear eager to prove themselves innocent and are in no way a flight risk! What the hell is wrong with those people up there? Don't you have any representitives up there you can call? Local elected officials plus state officials and even your Representitive to the US House and Senate. You need to get the guyts together and start some heavy yelling up there to stop this stupidity!
                          Last edited by Cruiser; 07-16-2005, 02:18 PM.

Comment

It's Cruiser's implied "Cops are above the law" attitude that got these two bojos in trouble. These two are a disgrace for the entire field of law enforcement if they are convicted of this offense.

How many shootings by police of people/subjects were there in 2004 or 2005? Of these cases, how many cases resulted in charges against the officer? To my recollection, this is the only one I can think of recently.

As to rpd's claim about Mr. David Hicks's agenda, Hicks (who is a Democrat) did try a case a few years back against the RNC chair for wiretapping Gov. Warner. On face value, that might seem political, but that chair did cop to a plea bargain with Federal authorities and even Atty. Gen. Kilgore wasn't willing to back him up. This guy might be tough, but his cases have had a track record of holding water.

Comment

Maybe they need to sue for false prosecution!
                              I hope somebody who you rightfully arrested (if you are a cop) sues you so you understand the idiocy of your comments.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3176 users online. 196 members and 2980 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X