Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what I do.

This is what I do.
    I was working this case prior to me going on vacation and it was completed while I was gone.
    I'm very proud of my guys and gals.
    Sometimes we do make difference, albeit as small as it may be.

Friday, July 15, 2005

By ASJYLYN LODER
    HERALD NEWS

A drug raid on a Hawthorne house has led to the smashing of an interstate drug ring, authorities said Thursday.

A bust in the Bronx on Wednesday capped a six-week investigation that began in May when Hawthorne police and prosecutor's narcotics investigators found cocaine, marijuana and cash at a Washington Street home, said Passaic County Chief Assistant Prosecutor Paul Chiaramonte. That bust, which netted six suspects, led narcotics investigators to an interstate drug ring that ran from Florida to New York.

"We've made a big dent in somebody's business, at least for a little while," Chiaramonte said.

Inter-agency cooperation led to the seizure of more than $600,000 in cash, nearly 100 pounds of marijuana, a 9mm handgun and four vehicles, Chiaramonte said.

The drugs were part of a Florida-based ring that distributed high-quality marijuana. Authorities picked up alleged buyers who came from as far away as Ohio to buy the marijuana for $6,000 to $7,000 a pound. Police estimated that the New York street operations earned $20,000 to $60,000 daily.

The Hawthorne bust resulted in the arrests of Madrit Vlashi, 25, Amir Vlashi, 20, Fatmir Vlashi, 57, Sheptim Vlashi, 23, Edward Watson, 35, and Daniel Romandetta, 33. Madrit Vlashi and Sheptim Vlashi have been charged as leaders of a drug trafficking network, which carries a minimum 25-year sentence without parole, to life imprisonment.

The four others were charged with second-degree conspiracy to distribute controlled dangerous substances, which carries a five- to 10-year sentence.

E-mail: [email protected]

Click on this link to read the actual article.
    Unfortunately this article is the edited version of what was actually printed.
    The names mentioned are the New Jersey connection. Four more were arrested in New York. The marijuana, gun, vehicles, and cash seized were from the New York crew.
    "The policeman is sent by God to help you. But if you are doing something wrong, of course you should be afraid, for he will will have you punished. He is sent by God for that very purpose" - Rom 13:4

Looks like the hard work paid off, great job!

K9

Comment

Originally posted by BlackKnight
      The drugs were part of a Florida-based ring that distributed high-quality marijuana.
      Clearly false charges. Everyone knows there are no drugs in Florida. Case Closed.

Seriously, Great job!
      I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

"Why didn't you put that out on the radio?"
      "I don't know Sarge, I guess I got caught up in the moment"
      "The MOMENT is when we F--king need you!" - K-9 Sgt Myhre to unidentified Officer

In Valor there is Hope

Comment

great job....BC bud (canadian), domestic or mexican.

what is prevalent out there....we hardly ever see mexican weed up here
        "here's to us and those like us .....damn few left"

Comment

Originally posted by narc
          great job....BC bud (canadian), domestic or mexican.

what is prevalent out there....we hardly ever see mexican weed up here
          Domestic Hydro. Same here.
          Prior to this we did a case of on Canadian weed.
          "The policeman is sent by God to help you. But if you are doing something wrong, of course you should be afraid, for he will will have you punished. He is sent by God for that very purpose" - Rom 13:4

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5770 users online. 331 members and 5439 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X