300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knoxville PD what's up?

Anyone see that video. It may be old news, but I saw it for the first time tonight on the news. It's a m/b wailing on about 3 or 4 uniform officers and they are so slow to move a couple looked like they got hurt. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED? Those officers looked like they were reluctant to grab this guy. It just infuriates me to see that crap.

Anyone know the whole story or see the video? I am not at home now, I will try to find it and post a link asap.

Here is a link to the entire video. I now have learned that he was swining a chain at the officers. And they tazed him, which our news also omitted. I guess that is why the officer is a bit hesitant, he is getting out his taser.

Still slow movement on their part it seems. Afterwards the kid was yelling, "I'm still the knock out king." Cameras are ruining police work in some instances and causing more incidence like this. He needs his *** beat and beat and beat some more.

http://www.wbir.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=27096

go down to "cops, perp fight"

Comment

I watched that video the other day with a friend of mine and we both said the exact same thing. What were they waiting for?!!! Now of course I wasn't there but from just watching the video with no other explanation, not one cop was swinging a baton or even had it out ready to go. And if he was swinging a piece of chain...well lead beats chain.
      "The glory goes to those that dance on land mines and live to die another day"

"Get on it Mel"

Comment

This a case where the officers showed restraint that wasn't necessary, or proper judgement. The suspect should have been neutralized ASAP.
        Retired

Comment

Question, officers, couldn't they have charged him for assault on a Police Officer? Wouldn't that of been more severe than just assault? I also liked at end where they said the citizens wouldn't be satisfied because the cop didn't have on his mic so they couldn't hear what eh said. Yeah, I bet he said "Hey brotha, punch me in the head"

Comment

Originally posted by Matto
            Question, officers, couldn't they have charged him for assault on a Police Officer? Wouldn't that of been more severe than just assault? I also liked at end where they said the citizens wouldn't be satisfied because the cop didn't have on his mic so they couldn't hear what eh said. Yeah, I bet he said "Hey brotha, punch me in the head"
            I think he is actually charged w/ aggravated assault. I read a few articles trying to find the video. In TN, there is no such charge as 'Assault on a Police Officer'. It is just assault and the fact that is was a police officer is only used as a sentencing enhancement factor. Basically the same thing.

Comment

I had an experience with "Tennesee law" back in 1989. I was on vacation with a buddy of mine in Knoxville. To make a long story short, my 1988 GTA Trans Am was stolen in Sweetwater. When I called to report it, a cop named "Rusty Vineyard" shows up and asks me if I want a report. I felt like saying "No, that's OK. I was tired of that car anyway." He and his compadres were all impressed that my buddy and I had Glocks. You might think I offered him a ride on the Space Shuttle the way he practically jumped when I asked him if he wanted to check it out. Backwards-*** hillbillies back then, but I see not much has changed.
              If it wasn't for STUPID PEOPLE I'd be unemployed.

Comment

Originally posted by SWATcop
                I had an experience with "Tennesee law" back in 1989. I was on vacation with a buddy of mine in Knoxville. To make a long story short, my 1988 GTA Trans Am was stolen in Sweetwater. When I called to report it, a cop named "Rusty Vineyard" shows up and asks me if I want a report. I felt like saying "No, that's OK. I was tired of that car anyway." He and his compadres were all impressed that my buddy and I had Glocks. You might think I offered him a ride on the Space Shuttle the way he practically jumped when I asked him if he wanted to check it out. Backwards-*** hillbillies back then, but I see not much has changed.
                Knoxville is a slow town which is a good thing. If you think all of Tennesseeans are "Backwards-*** hillbillies " then bring your hurricane ridden *** to Memphis and I will show you how we do things. Thats if your car hasn't been blown away also.

Comment

I've just watched the video and I certainly don't know any cop who would stand as his partner took a beating, then just amble along like tomorrow would do! And if they did they would be taken to one side later by the rest of the guys on the shift and given "suitable advice" on how to react in future. Were any of the officers on tape new to the job? As none of them seemed to know what to do in the face of a violent suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayW4442
                    Knoxville is a slow town which is a good thing. If you think all of Tennesseeans are "Backwards-*** hillbillies " then bring your hurricane ridden *** to Memphis and I will show you how we do things. Thats if your car hasn't been blown away also.
                    I was speaking specifically about the Knoxville area as they have proven to me how removed from modern methods they really are. No offense.
                    If it wasn't for STUPID PEOPLE I'd be unemployed.

Comment

I agree Knoxville is "a little behind times" and most of eastern Tennessee is the same way. I'm not sure what his partner was thinking, all I know is I would have kicked my partners *** after I got done kicking the suspects ***. I will take a couple of days, since its on video, and wouldnt have any problem with it.

Comment

Kinda makes me glad we did not have tazers in my day. If someone was wailing on my partner or any other cop with a chain.........DRT, no problem. That is a deadly weapon and deadly force is definately called for in reaction. None of this please don't hit him anymore until I get my non-letal weapon out to try and stop you. Simply draw and aim and if he does not drop the chain, you drop him.

Comment

I dont care how many or how big someone might be, If they assault me or my partner they are getting face planted at the very least. If I had been the one assaulted I would be asking my partner some questions. If my partner is assaulted like this bro. the perp should have his shoulder dislocated right then and there
                          Last edited by whitehat; 07-16-2005, 09:40 PM.
                          The best way for evil to prevail is for a good man to do nothing!

Comment

When did he pick up the chain? It's too hard to see in the small video. I wonder if he was holding it when he first started fighting and used it in his initial assault on the first Officer. This leads me to two questions:

1. If he was holding a @$% chain, of any kind, why was he holding a @#$^ chain? Why the hell wasn't he checked for weapons prior, and for damned sure why was he allowed to have anything in his hands during the contact?

2. If he was NOT holding the chain in his initial assault, why did the second Officer take the time to draw his taser anyway? Had he not, then maybe, just maybe, he could have prevented the ****head from picking up the chain.

I agree the bastard shoulda been shot. Anyway, as mentioned with every other post about a video on this forum, we don't know the whole story and we weren't there.

Oh yeah, did it **** anyone else off that the news jockey called us "servants?" Anyone and everyone that calls me a "public servant" gets a quick re-education of the difference between performing a "service" and being a "servant." Just a HUGE pet peeve.
                            "He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still"

-Lao Tzu

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

-Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

The fight started over the officers wanting to serch their vehicle. had 2 suspects apart, and three officers. One of the kulls was a juvy, now being tried as an adult, and the other was 18. Both were seniors in high school. Occured in the worst part of knoxville in public housing called the walter p taylor homes. there are several more videos, but the defense attornies have argued not to release the video. The only part that is released is part in which channel 10 news shot during the preliminary hearing. Onme of the suspects fled on foot, and the one was arrested on the scene. Already the race card has been played, and the parents are swearing up and down that their kids were prevoked to do it. There is a lot of litigaphobia in east TN. The local news channels have filed a law suit to get all of the video tapes released.
                              Last edited by MPD-A9; 07-17-2005, 06:04 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5133 users online. 319 members and 4814 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X