300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Department Acronyms?

What is your best or worst acronym for a specialty something on your department? We seem to LOVE using acronyms to make ourselves seem more important with our specialty units. Whats your take?

(also if you have an "unofficial" renaming of the unit, share that too)
    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

B.A.R.F. - Border Alien Robbery Force
    G.A.S.H. -
    C.R.A.S.H. - Community Resources Against Street Hoodlums
    P.I.T.S - Police In The Streets
    Last edited by Stan Switek; 07-14-2005, 02:52 AM.

Comment

S.T.I.S.-Special Traffic Investigative Service
      S.T.E.U.-Special Traffic Enforcement Unit

The best one, Crime Scene is now known as, yep, CSI-Memphis. What a ****ing joke. Just what we need is something else to make these ignorant citizens think we are going to get DNA and dust for prints and plaster foot prints and tire prints for a vandalism.

Then, they release a memo a month or so later stating NOT to tell citizens they watch too much TV classic.

turd-"yeah mane they done been touching all on my do' handle cant yall dust that fo fingaprints or sumthin"

Comment

Originally posted by MemphisPD

The best one, Crime Scene is now known as, yep, CSI-Memphis. What a ****ing joke. Just what we need is something else to make these ignorant citizens think we are going to get DNA and dust for prints and plaster foot prints and tire prints for a vandalism.

Then, they release a memo a month or so later stating NOT to tell citizens they watch too much TV classic.

turd-"yeah mane they done been touching all on my do' handle cant yall dust that fo fingaprints or sumthin"
        Sounds like you boys need to pour some chlorine in the gene pool down there.

Comment

Originally posted by MemphisPD

heh.. Im saying that out loud (turd quote) and I end up sounding like Boomhower when I say it out loud. LOL
          And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Comment

F.A.R.T. Fugetive Apprehension Response Team

Comment

Originally posted by MPD-A9
              LOL- I used that one on my Chief. I was attempting to suggest that the PD form a special team. I told him we didn't need a full-blown SWAT, but we should have something.

The dicussion didn't go well, and finally I said we should have a lower level team. I said we could call it a "Fast Action Response Team". I think to this day, he doesn't understand why everyone else at the meeting laughed.
              "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

C.A.T

Criminal
                Apprehension
                Team

Comment

we have the DART for Dallas Area Rapid Transit. in fort worth, we have "The T" which is kind of an extended part of DART, but on the fort worth side. we've all come to the understanding that fort worth has "The T" because they couldn't live with Fort Worth Area Rapid Transit for fear of being called FART. i'd go to work for the FART police.

Comment

ICE - Internet Child Explotation
                    "Support Our Troops"

Comment

BDRT- Babies Daddy Removal Team

Comment

HOMO - Hetro Officers Migration Office
                        "Support Our Troops"

Comment

in the case of a fatality accident we use DRT........ Dead Right There

Comment

I once worked on an S.E.T.F which stood for safer estates task force

Comment

Originally posted by MPD-A9
                              Or "Fatal Accident Reconstruction Team."
                              If it wasn't for STUPID PEOPLE I'd be unemployed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5752 users online. 326 members and 5426 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X