Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else taking the online classes through St. Petersburg in Florida?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else taking the online classes through St. Petersburg in Florida?

Lots of narcotics related online courses.

http://www.mctft.com/

Just wondering if anyone else was utilizing this.

Thanks for the link. I did not know about the on-line courses.

Comment

Can't speak to how good or bad it might be but, hopefully, since it is co-sponsered by the Dept of Defense, I would hope it would be at least decent.

Thanks also for the link, I forwarded it to my sergeant in charge of training.

Comment

If they get in touch with the instructors, they will come to your department--at no cost--to teach some of their courses. A month ago, they sent over 4 instructors for a course called spear (S.P.E.A.R. is a defensive tactics system developed by Tony Blauer of Blauer Tactical Systems. Mr. Blauer is a respected martial artist and defensive tactics instructor from Canada. This course will provide the attendee an introduction and overview of S.P.E.A.R system and how S.P.E.A.R will enable the undercover investigator to defend themselves in violent encounters and ambush attacks through non-violent postures and use of a protective offense.).

It was a really informative course and the instructors were awesome. The best part was that it did not cost our department a dime.

http://www.mctft.com/traditional_tra...x?pID=PDOX0142

Comment

online courses

i have taken three courses. they count as training here
          your worst day is my everyday.

Comment

I've taken several of their courses. Overall they seem to be very basic. If you have an interest in a particular area these courses will help you get a feel for it. I learned some new things and had some things refreshed. I would recommend them if you have some spare time.

Comment

I am, this week. I'll get back to ya.
              "Well I'm here now, so deal with it."

Comment

Paper?

After completion is there any paper awarded for completion?
                Go ahead and run! My dog is hungry!

Comment

After you test out with a passing grade (70+) you will get a pop-up that will let you print a training certificate. Some of the courses are OK. They give some basic information, but will not make you an expert.
                  I took the classes on the Clan labs, Money Laundering, Drug ID, and Surveillance Operations. These were pretty good. The Intro to patrol drug investigation was a bitch session by the author on why cops get frustrated with the system. Not inaccurate, but useless as a training class. I plan to complete the Interview & Interogation class and the Street Gang class in the future.

Incidentally, the police Officer's Safety Association provides some pretty good traiing DVDs you can download for free, or order for $5 each. You can find them @ www.POSAI.org.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6338 users online. 341 members and 5997 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X