300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off duty holster questions

Hi everyone. I'm looking to upgrade my inside-the-waistband holster for my Glock 27. I'm currently using a cheap neoprene Uncle Mike's Holster. My dept's G.O.'s state that if we choose to carry a weapon off duty, we must use a holster with a strap (i.e. thumb break). So, I'm looking for some feedback on what other inside-the-waistband holsters are being used and where they were purchased. Be careful out there, everyone. Thanks in advance for your posts.
    We sleep soundly at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do us harm - George Orwell

Bianchi makes some nice stuff. I prefer leather over nylon or kydex any day and they have a nice selection of gear. Galco makes some nice holsters as well, but they are very expensive and can have a long waiting list. Hope this helps.
    God made cops so firemen would have heroes.

You do not greet Death; you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags you away.

Comment

Depends on what material you want...

For leather, I have found that its very tough to find something that compares to Don Hume or Galco. They are just as good as many of the custom shops out there.

Bianchi makes good nylon stuff. I also like the Strongcore line from Strong Holsters.

Kydex, though I don't think I've ever seen a kydex IWB with thumbreak, is best bought from Bladetech or Sidearmor. Having said that, there are also some VERY good one man shops turning out kydex holsters.
      Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

I was one of the first people on my dept to buy a springfield XD. I had F.I.S.T make me a holster for it. Nobody else had them at the time. They were very courtious and proffesional. The holster arrived pretty quick and the quality is top notch. They can make almost anything you might need. Pricey, but worth it. It also fits my Glock G-27 too.
        "Well I'm here now, so deal with it."

Comment

I like the newer Galco Skyops

but there's no strap
          http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterG3.asp...=2754&GunID=51

Comment

I like Aker's IWB holster, and some magazine I read said one by blade-tech was supposed to be very good, but I haven't tried that one. You have to order to individually.
            Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Comment

I just ordered this one Bianchi 7500 Accumold Paddle holster

Waiting for it to arrive via UPS. Wifey only let me buy it b/c I showed her how insecure my fobus holster is.

Comment

If you need a holster with a thumbsnap, I'd recommend either Ted Blocker (www.tedblocker.com) or Orca (www.orcacustom.com). Both are rigid enough to keep the mouth opn for reholstering. Prices are pretty reasonable as well.
                John from Maryland

Comment

I have a don hume 721 pancake holster for my Sig. It's a great belt holster. Conceals nice.
                  "Well I'm here now, so deal with it."

Comment

Originally posted by Big E
                    Hi everyone. I'm looking to upgrade my inside-the-waistband holster for my Glock 27. I'm currently using a cheap neoprene Uncle Mike's Holster. My dept's G.O.'s state that if we choose to carry a weapon off duty, we must use a holster with a strap (i.e. thumb break). So, I'm looking for some feedback on what other inside-the-waistband holsters are being used and where they were purchased. Be careful out there, everyone. Thanks in advance for your posts.
                    Funny. I have had the GL27 for years and have found that the one you said you have does not meet your Dept GO. We had a similar situation and we challenged it. The main area was that each officer is taught weapon retention and we should be able to defend on someone attempting to take our weapon from us. The other better one which may work for your Dept is the FOBUS because it has a "locking" devise in it. No strap but it does lock in.

Comment

No holster

I have carried a 38 chief special in my front right pocket for years. If I have to holster it, I put on a Galco leg holster. If you wear some type of cargo pants, in the front pocket works fine, nobody will ever see it. I also practice with it like this, my department requires that we qualify with backup/off duty guns in the same manner we will be carrying them.

Comment

I definitely prefer leather over anything else. I don't care for in the waistband, and prefer to attach the holster to my belt, or use a pancake model.
                        1* 5%'er Sheepdog

Comment

I carry a Desantis dual-carry holster with a thumb-strap. It can be carried inside the waistband or on the outside on your belt. It's very comfortable and practical.
                          "The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, can not and will not ever harm the sheep." -Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4030 users online. 203 members and 3827 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X