Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A beer for lunch in Chicago?

This sounds a bit crazy to me... but here goes anyway:

I have a $5 bet going with one of my partners, he claims that the Chicago PD is permitted to have one beer while on lunch break. Evidently the union had enough power to get this into the contract.

Has anyone else heard of this?

I called BS, but my partner insists that it is true.
    Last edited by JHoek; 07-05-2005, 05:16 PM.

Its unadulterated B.S. Not true, no how, no way. Tell your partner to Pay up brother!

Comment

Originally posted by JHoek
      I have a $5 bet going with one of my partners, he claims that the Chicago PD is permitted to have one beer while on lunch break.
      Get caught doing it in uniform & see.

Hell, there'd be squad cars in Lake Michigan on account of "one beer."

Comment

When I was going through training as a new union official, I remember reading something about that, but I believe it was in New York City, and it definitely was from back in the 1950's or earlier. It was presented as a "look what we used to get away with" type of thing.
        Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

I think it was Boston and they had to remove their unifrom hat so they would be considered 'out of uniform'

Comment

Around here the story has it being New Orleans Police Department and if you dont like beer, you could drink a shot of whiskey instead. Starting to kind of sound like an urban legend.

Comment

I think it was in NYC also, but probably back around 1890-1910 or so.

Comment

There was an officer here in Texas that was stopping to buy a six pack of beer on his way home from work. He was in a POV but was still in full uniform.
                This was published in the Blues Paper here. The officer that saw him was in shock. Remember, Public Image is everything
                Arguing with a Cop is like mud wrestling with a pig. Eventually you will realize that the Pig likes it.

My Chief

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2340 users online. 161 members and 2179 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X