Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well it's offcial...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Well it's offcial...

    I am a Deputy Sheriff. I start on tuesday and I have to spend a year on Jail/Courtroom duty before they will send me to an academy. I'm so excited, this is a life long dream come true
    ...

  • #2
    Congrats. TWO ears, ONE mouth. Remember that and stay safe.
    In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

    In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

    Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

    I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.


    The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sflcop
      Congrats. TWO ears, ONE mouth. Remember that and stay safe.

      Thanks
      ...

      Comment


      • #4
        Good place to start as Corrections Officer But after academy how long before you can get to streets ?

        Comment


        • #5
          good way to start. i think everyone should have to be a dispatcher or jailer for a little time before hitting the street. at least you have an idea of how to talk on the radio, that is a big thing to learn when your new and stuck in a car whether alone or with someone. youve got so many things going on and that just adds to the stress. plus anyone wanting on the street always rides some when they are working in a non sworn position and i dont care what people say a man that has just been riding has more knowledge than a college certified cop who has never been in a patrol car. people put to much emphasis on certification. i have seen guys that really had good potential passed over for idiots because the idiot was certified. it didnt matter how bad the applicant seemed to interview or how good the rest did they had to have the certified man. then they got him and he didnt know how to find his own *** with both hands much less how to handle a call. but bygod he is certified. good luck and make the best of your time in the court room. watching cases and hearing how things are put together and what works and what doesnt will be very helpful when you hit the field. it can be boring, i know that as good as anyone who has attended court, but its a good learning experience that i wouldve hated but would have been nice to have behind me so id have that much more knowledge.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bodie
            Good place to start as Corrections Officer But after academy how long before you can get to streets ?
            Well it's a small dept and they seem to lose Deputies to larger departments in the Metro area quite a bit, it's a mountain county and the commute seems to turn some off after a while (roughly 30 miles outside of the Metro area)...so after completion of the Academy ( 6 months ) I anticipate it should be a pretty quick transition....
            ...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by HCSO511
              good way to start. i think everyone should have to be a dispatcher or jailer for a little time before hitting the street. at least you have an idea of how to talk on the radio, that is a big thing to learn when your new and stuck in a car whether alone or with someone. youve got so many things going on and that just adds to the stress. plus anyone wanting on the street always rides some when they are working in a non sworn position and i dont care what people say a man that has just been riding has more knowledge than a college certified cop who has never been in a patrol car. people put to much emphasis on certification. i have seen guys that really had good potential passed over for idiots because the idiot was certified. it didnt matter how bad the applicant seemed to interview or how good the rest did they had to have the certified man. then they got him and he didnt know how to find his own *** with both hands much less how to handle a call. but bygod he is certified. good luck and make the best of your time in the court room. watching cases and hearing how things are put together and what works and what doesnt will be very helpful when you hit the field. it can be boring, i know that as good as anyone who has attended court, but its a good learning experience that i wouldve hated but would have been nice to have behind me so id have that much more knowledge.

              Thanks I'm looking forward to the courtroom duties....I just find the law fascinating at times....I will probably stop my masters program and try to get into law school during the night....never really want to be a lawyer just know the ins and outs of the law
              ...

              Comment

              MR300x250 Tablet

              Collapse

              What's Going On

              Collapse

              There are currently 5247 users online. 316 members and 4931 guests.

              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

              Welcome Ad

              Collapse
              Working...
              X