Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FHP does it again

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FHP does it again

    Watch out Florida LEO's. FHP is at it again, citing other LEO's. In the troppers words. "You don't work with me, so it is not my problem." Hmmm... if he was on the side of the road getting his *** kicked, I do not know any cop that would say... "Hmmm... not my department, not my problem."
    In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

    In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

    Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

    I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.


    The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

  • #2
    There was an OHP trooper around here that had that attitude for a little while. He lived in the city. After he and his wife's 3rd or 4th ticket from us he changed his mind.
    Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

    Comment


    • #3
      He'll get his. Like you said, he has to get off of the highway sooner or later. I did not even say a word, took the cite, and drove off... After he made sure to reeducate me on the speed limit, tell me to slow down, and have a nice day.
      In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

      In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

      Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

      I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.


      The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

      Comment


      • #4
        whered this happen? I live in atlantis, father was a lake worth leo for 20 yrs. I think ur right around my neighborhood. FHP can kiss my ***. One of my close friends from the dept I work at just left for the FHP academy two weeks ago. He came back last weekend and already has this trooper mentality. He even said to me "if i investigate and accident, someone WILL get a ticket; cop or not". I was like bro, listen to urself. U r an idiot.
        press hard-5 copies

        Comment


        • #5
          I've already had my run in with FHP. Cited me for Careless driving because I hit a puddle on a TURN getting off the highway and had my Camaro slide over foot going 18 MPH.

          Gee, thanks FHP!

          I still give professional courtasy to FHP.

          Comment


          • #6
            I have given P/C to FHP, and I will continue to do so. I will not partake in the games. I was on 95 at Gateway headed north this morning at about 7am. I knew as soon as he got out of the car and put on the hat...
            In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

            In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

            Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

            I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.


            The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ufresdave
              whered this happen? I live in atlantis, father was a lake worth leo for 20 yrs. I think ur right around my neighborhood. FHP can kiss my ***. One of my close friends from the dept I work at just left for the FHP academy two weeks ago. He came back last weekend and already has this trooper mentality. He even said to me "if i investigate and accident, someone WILL get a ticket; cop or not". I was like bro, listen to urself. U r an idiot.
              It is FHP's policy to cite the driver at fault.

              Taken from FHP manual:

              Upon completion of a crash investigation an officer should take enforcement action when a violation has been detected, the identity of the violator can be established and available evidence will allow each of the elements of the offense to be sustained.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 124exp
                It is FHP's policy to cite the driver at fault.

                Taken from FHP manual:

                Upon completion of a crash investigation an officer should take enforcement action when a violation has been detected, the identity of the violator can be established and available evidence will allow each of the elements of the offense to be sustained.

                Read the policy closer

                ... an officer should take enforcement action, not an officer shall take enforcement action.
                Last edited by BrickCop; 06-30-2005, 04:40 PM.
                Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yea, I hit a puddle on the HIGHWAY on the exit ramp and FHP actually cited me. He was maybe 50 feet behind me and SAW the puddle I hit and still cited me.

                  But I refuse to go to thier level, I just make a point to ask if they know the perticular officer that cited me, and to tell him I said 'Hello'.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GoGo Gadget
                    So if a Trooper backs into a pole, will he give himself a ticket?

                    yes they will cite there own people in accidents even on duty and in uniform... the city of coral springs does the same thing...if ur a cop and at fault the other cop investigating will issue them a ticket

                    thank god we have safe driving days....if i get into an accident and im at fault i lose my 2 extra days off called safe driving days instead of getting a ticket

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by tpcop007
                      yes they will cite there own people in accidents even on duty and in uniform... the city of coral springs does the same thing...if ur a cop and at fault the other cop investigating will issue them a ticket

                      thank god we have safe driving days....if i get into an accident and im at fault i lose my 2 extra days off called safe driving days instead of getting a ticket
                      thats bull****. if we get into an accident, its swept under the rug. if we get into too many accidents, then we'll start getting looked at closer. we're driving around all day doing 50 things at once. if we get into accidents, the totality of the circumstances should always be considered. this citing of your own officers while on duty is pure crap.
                      "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
                      William Shatner

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Bart
                        thats bull****. if we get into an accident, its swept under the rug. if we get into too many accidents, then we'll start getting looked at closer. we're driving around all day doing 50 things at once. if we get into accidents, the totality of the circumstances should always be considered. this citing of your own officers while on duty is pure crap.

                        yep i agree....i think there mentality is how can we cite citizens for crashes but not site our own guys.....whatever it sucks and thank god i dont work for them

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bart
                          thats bull****. if we get into an accident, its swept under the rug. if we get into too many accidents, then we'll start getting looked at closer. we're driving around all day doing 50 things at once. if we get into accidents, the totality of the circumstances should always be considered. this citing of your own officers while on duty is pure crap.
                          We get into too many wrecks, we get designated to footbeat. Footbeat is a much better deterrent than a ticket.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            We have to goto DIP (Driver Improvement) school.

                            2 Accidents in 1 year and you lose your take home car.

                            Meaning you have to use the pool vehicles until you go for a year with no accidents. Only advantage to the pool vehicles is that you'll never be alone again. You get to ride with 3-15 sworn roaches that'll back you up where ever you go. They even play with you when you look like your at your most relaxed point of the night.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I have to say that my experiance has been very differant with the FHP. I have been stopped a couple of times and yes they had me dead to rights, I was speeding. They have always just told me to slow down and be careful and have a nice day. The last one that stopped me was a Capt and he definately had me! I admit I was not paying attention and was messing around with one of those navigation things and when I looked up and saw him I noted I was hitting 85 in a 55. I thought that this was one ticket I was definately going to get especially when he got out and I saw his rank. His only remark was to slow down, a lot and pay better attention. He wondered why I didn't hit the brakes when I went by him. No ticket, just a you should know better, and I should. Best way to avoid this problem is not to do anything to get stopped for but when I have and I've been caught, they have all be very gracious about it.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 6174 users online. 311 members and 5863 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X