Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bilingual Officers

Hi,

I am a cop in Florida and I am also bilingual (English/ Spanish). We have a HUGE population of non-English speaking people and I am called to translate on a regular basis (I translated on six calls on on Saturday alone). I complete documents in Spanish and even had to do an interview on Spanish TV (Univision). This takes time away from my regular duties and can be a major pain sometimes. By the way, I am not Spanish.

Anyway, I am wondering if any agencies offer a pay differential or any incentive for bilingual agencies.
    "You are always just one bad decision away from unemployment, prison or death."

"My profession dictates that I routinely confront the people that the average citizen fearfully crosses the street to avoid. Then I must endure the criticism of that citizen as he judges my actions from afar."

www.speforums.com

At my agency, after a "test" (written and oral interview), you get 5%..... presently in negotiations for more...
    ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne

Comment

That would be nice.
      "You are always just one bad decision away from unemployment, prison or death."

"My profession dictates that I routinely confront the people that the average citizen fearfully crosses the street to avoid. Then I must endure the criticism of that citizen as he judges my actions from afar."

www.speforums.com

Comment

We get nothing. The reasoning is that they teach us Spanish so we get nothing extra. Thing is they don't pay for any other languages that they didn't teach you either. I speak basic Russian and some Tagalog and have been called to help with interviews and document translation many times. If I'm lucky enough to get called on a day off I get OT.
        The only thing we have to fear is change itself.

Comment

My agency pays something like 45 cents an hour after you pass the test.
          If you won't stand behind our troops, PLEASE, feel free to stand in front of them.

If you won't get an *** whoopin' with me, you're gonna get one from me---stolen

www.sportbikes.net

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6683 users online. 354 members and 6329 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X